Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13340
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 am
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_o2whguer7Y1sx1v2mo2_500

"Anytime, Honey." Cora replied with a smile and began to dig into her food more. Just in time to get Aria, Marina's grandmother enough time to open her mouth and say something. "So, any lucky boys coming your way this time? Your pool of options is running low." It was said in a matter of fact tone, that was making the blood in Rina start to boil.

"Maybe one day you and Felix will get back together. He's a nice boy." August said in agreement to his wife. Rina began to slowly slouch in her chair again. She wasn't just item they had to marry off. "Ooh yes! He was nice, wasn't he dear? What about Silas' older brother Linus?" Aria replied. In the moment, Rina just wanted to hide in shame. She also wanted to say something, but she bit her tongue.

"Maybe I don't want to date anyone right now. Maybe if I do date someone, it wont stay within your standards." She said trying her hardest to hold back the anger that wanted to seep out in her tone.
Frankie
Coins : 8977

Frankie

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o52i8mVdDZ1rifr4k_500

Silas almost choked on the idea of Marina dating his brother. That was a horrible match, even he knew that. He was silently happy that he wasn't brought into this conversation. "Th-that would h-honestly be like dating a sibling for th-them." Silas finally added, taking Rina's side on this.
"I beg to differ, they would be so cute together," Rebecca said smiling. Silas sighed his mom really needed to pick a side and stay on it. He stabbed at another piece of food, but didn't put it in his mouth just yet.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 am
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_o2whguer7Y1sx1v2mo2_500

Rina was thankful for Silas' comment, but when she heard Rebecca's her blood began to boil again. Her fist was clenched under the table with her nails digging into the palm of her hand. The frustration was too much. Linus was not someone she could ever see dating. There was no way. She dated one Julius and that was enough. It'd be strange to date more people in the family. It just wasn't right. Marina wasn't interested in status or wealth.

"I have to respectfully decline your opinion." She said softly. The daughter of Vulcan was trying to grasp onto anything she could bring up to move the topic onto someone else. If only her sister were here she'd pawn the dating and marriage talks off on her. Caelia was older after all, but she lucked out with most boys in the high status families weren't her age. There was Cepheus, but it was clear they wanted him to be with Amara.

"I believe you guys should be playing match maker for Caelia and Natalia. They're both hitting their twenties now. Surely they need a suitable husband by now." Marina said to try and get her dating life out of the topics of conversation. Surely Rina didn't believe that you had to get married, but she knew it was an important thing to their families. It was either get married of somehow seduce a god like her mother did.
Frankie

Frankie

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o52i9mZnUC1rifr4k_500

"Natalia has her eyes on someone I believe. Don't remember what she said his name was though..." Rebecca says, before giving a glance over to her youngest. "If Silas was a year older, him and Marina would be great for each other.
Silas sunk down in his chair, his mom was relentless over this stuff. "M-mom... No..." He says, dating anyone was not in his agenda for anytime soon. The only thing he wanted to have to worry about was getting through this dinner with his sanity intact. He glanced over at his father, who was smartly choosing not to say anything at all. Magnus was not a talkative person, and Silas was thankful for it.
"What? You two would just play checkers all day anyway..." Rebecca said, causing Silas to sink even more in his seat.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm
Cora's face lit up at the mention of Silas and Marina. "Oh yes! If he were a year older, he'd be perfect for Marina." She said agreeing with Rebecca. At that moment Rina slipped further into her chair. When his mom brought up how they would always play checkers she slouched even more. She felt the nudge from her mother and she got a look. She sat up more in her chair.

"Yes you guys play checkers all the time, it's adorable!" Cora said once again agreeing with Rebecca. Marina was making a silent prayer to her father right now. 'Please if you have any say on this, you'd make this torture stop.'It wasn't fair. In some aspects she rather trade places with Roy. Well, that was a bit extreme, maybe not trade places with Roy at this moment, but still.

"No one else will play checkers, that's why."
Frankie

Frankie

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm
"Silas, sit up. You know better. Where are your manners tonight?" Rebecca said, looking over at Silas and watching as he pulled himself back up. "He doesn't know better, that's the problem." His grandfather added. Earning himself a glare from both his son and daughter-in-law.

"I-I'd play ch-checkers with a-anyone, but no one else e-ever wants too." Silas added, choosing to ignore his grandfather, who was for some reason, not being as subtle in his words as he usually was.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:41 am
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_oizppp0vZR1vmjs6wo2_250

Marina just sat in silence for awhile picking at her food. She just wished they'd talk about their own lives. Their own accomplishments and leave her life out of it. Especially her dating life. She was in the middle of eating something when her grandfather spoke. "You know, I did like you and Felix together, Marina. I don't know what happened, but you both seem to be good friends still." Rina still stayed quiet for awhile. Her dating life was something she maybe talked to her mother about, but it wasn't something she spoke to her grandfather about. At least he was the easier one to talk to out of her grandparents.

"We were friends before grandfather, so we still remained friends afterwards." She said, but grabbing more of the green beans that were on the table.  

"Well you never know what will happen. I sure didn't expect to end up with your grandmother." He said with a small shrug. At that point he was getting a look from his wife, but as usual he ignored them. Marina didn't really like being compared to her grandparents the thought of it made her shudder.
Frankie

Frankie

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 am
Exactly, they never know what will happen, so why do they even bother trying to play matchmaker? Silas wondered, as he shoved a potato in his mouth. Of course Silas knew why they bothered, their parents and grandparents made it sound like they were just teasing, but everyone knew they meant it. They didn't want their kids to end up with someone they considered "lower status" than them.

"C-change of t-topic maybe?" He finally asked, even though he knew asking for that was just going to start something worse. "Why? Afraid we're going to find out about a secret girlfriend of yours?" His mother asked, teasing him. Silas didn't answer, just stuck a carrot in his mouth. Everyone knew he was doomed to be alone, no one wanted to date the kid who could see and talk to ghosts. People seemed to find it creepy.
Metaloneus
Coins : 11710

Metaloneus

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 pm
Felix showed himself into the house, Cora had called him family, after all, before approaching the dining room, catching only the last bit of conversation. "Did someone say secret girlfriend?" Felix asked, masking his tone in a purposefully shrill and high tone, imitating the stereotype of a preppy girl. He'd been into the Prescott household a thousand times, whether it be for politics or for personal matters, though most of that was back when he'd dated Marina. He gave Silas a pat on the shoulder for assurance, as he circled the table. He'd figured his parents would be around by now. He told his dad he'd cover his spot in the House meeting, but figured, his dad was busy enough even without House duties covering his plate. They'd be here soon, he figured. He hoped, especially.

"Lay off of Silas, auntie, he who waits is sure to reap the benefits. And I'm not just saying that because I suspect you'll be waiting at least decade before I can give you any nieces or nephews." He teased. He didn't mind trying to get the spotlight off of Silas with such an embarrassing topic at play. Felix wasn't one to care about people poking around his love life, mostly because he didn't have one most days, or even a regular life. His life was the legion, and then politics. Turned out to be nothing like House of Cards.

"Sorry I'm late, today was a public relations nightmare." He said. First, the Centurion of Cohort Five decided to call it quits and run, and then there was a tri-unit of Shades who tried to attack the Fields of Mars. Not that Felix believed that; he'd been part of planning both events, but he'd practiced his explanations so many times, he almost believed both were real at this point. "Ms. Prescott, it's so good to see you again. Thank you for hosting dinner." He waved to her with his left hand, the tip of his thumb tucked between his middle and index finger, as a sign that the House meeting had concluded well. He took a seat next to Marina, giving her a smile.
sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9569

sarenrae

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:20 pm
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_ommt6doQvU1t80jpm_400

Amara Julius had arrived only moments after her twin, accompanied by both of her parents. She had been in emergency meetings all afternoon, after the cohort five centurion abandonded his post. With one of their opitos out of comission, the fifth was seriously understaffed.

She had entered the dining room in time for her to hear the end of her brother's conversation, to which she scoffed at. "Says the person who wasn't in meetings all day." She commented, taking a seat next to him. She actually wasn't even sure what he had been doing all day. Make that the past week. Felix seemed to be pretty absent this week, for whatever reason. Anytime she asked she was just given a vague answer.

"There was a huge senate meeting today," She told the room, "Senate plus all ranking members of the Legion. Apparently, there's no foul play involved with that Centurion leaving. Still, cohort five is down to just a centurion and opito. I feel bad for his co-centurion, Corinne. Also, Rosalind Miller looked really bugged by the whole thing, dunno why." Amara finished her briefing with a shrug.

"Are they planning on appointing a new Centurion right away?" Her mother asked from across the table.

"I think so. I don't think Corinne has picked yet. They just decided today that it'd be her decision." She noticed her dad's disgruntled look, although Amara didn't mention it.  
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm
Before anyone could speak, the door opened and a voice could be heard. The voice was a familiar one, the one Marina knew as Felix. He came in getting the heat off of Silas. She was incredibly thankful for the appearance of Felix. She knew the conversation would continue to be talking about either Silas or Marina's love life, potentially the lack of their skills too. Depending on what the 'grown ups' felt like talking about.

"Not a problem dear, you know you and your family is welcome here anytime." Cora said in response to Felix. It was that moment then he took a seat next to Marina. She gave a smile back, and just then Amara and her parents walked in. Amara taking a seat next to Felix and their parents sat across from Marina and Felix.

Marina listened to the information that Amara was speaking of. She had heard a small bit about this from Caelia before they switched out in being there for Roy. "Well I heard from Caelia that when she talked to Corinne the optio for cohort five that was in a coma woke up. I assume they'll just promote her and then appoint a new optio in her place."

She would have liked to bring up Roy, but she figured he wouldn't want that, and neither would their mother, so she stayed silent and continued to eat what was on her plate.
Frankie

Frankie

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:21 pm
Silas gave Felix a look of relief, once when he noticed his cousin walk in and a second time when he managed to change the topic. Silas ate his food as he listened to his cousins talk about what was going on. He knew some of what they were talking about, it was hard not to know about a Centurion that just disappeared, or ran away. Honestly, Silas found the entire thing weird, he didn't know the Centurion personally, but never figured the guy was the type to just up and leave. Especially since Cohort Five was finally starting to prove themselves a bit. Not that Silas was planning on doing anything about it, he couldn't. Besides he had been taught to not ask many questions, you just didn't.

For now, Silas felt best to just not talk at all right now. His grandfather seemed quite interested in the politics being discussed about right now, and Silas knew the man would jump at him if he tried to add his opinion in it.
Metaloneus
Coins : 11710

Metaloneus

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 pm
"I'd have rather spent all day in meetings than in Senator Decimus's home. The rest of his counsel and I spent hours speech writing." Felix shrugged it off. He was proud of Amara for making Optio; it was a really tight squeeze to get into power in Cohort One. Though, he supposed, now was the right time. All of the Davenports were out. Optio wasn't something Felix would be capable of, even if offered the position. He just didn't have a spare moment of time, between being official staff for Tiberius's dad, and Alexander's personal counsel in the House, Felix really didn't even have time to be in the legion at all. Of course, he had to make that time. Abandonment didn't look good on a resume.

"Corinne's smart. She's from one of the Legion's strongest time periods. Tiberius and Rosalind know what they're doing, and through that, Corinne knows what she's doing." Felix was firm in his words, giving his dad an encouraging nod. "You need to give titles like that to the right people. I don't think it's so surprising that under all of that pressure, the wrong person would break bad with the legion. Especially, as painful as reality is to face, in the Fifth Cohort." Felix concluded.

"Give it a week. We'll be back to normal in no time." He said, plainly. Sure, it wasn't your average nightly news. But crazy things happened all the time, and people moved on. It was human nature, and Felix wasn't sweating it in the slightest. In the grand scheme of things, this was for the best, for everyone involved.
sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9569

sarenrae

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:06 pm
Dinner anyone - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_ommt6doQvU1t80jpm_400

From down the table came Patrick Julius' booming voice. "Senator Decimus is a smart man. I'm glad you've secured a role on his staff, Felix. His son however," Amara resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She loved her grandfather and trusted his judgement, but he went on about the current praetors so often he sounded like a broken record.

"He's not right for the job. Then again, neither is his co-praetor. I remember when I was on the senate, the praetors during that time were a strong bunch. They ruled with an iron fist, and anyone who disobeyed them or the senate was brought down." Her grandfather slammed his fist down on the table. He always got into his stories, telling them like he was surrounded by an audience of thousands. "Nowadays, its pure chaos. Centurions getting shot, centurions killing suspects, creatures from the underworld in the middle of the Field of Mars, an opito in a coma. While it might be easy to blame the Davenports and the Virgos their wake of destruction, it really comes down to those in charge. I agree, dear Felix, it might go back to normal in a week or so, but then the next thing will happen. Miller and Decimus need to put their foot down and start fixing Camp Jupiter."

Amara watched as her parents gave nods and hums of agreement, but she stayed silent. She herself thought the praetors were doing a good enough job. But then again, her grandfather had been around far longer than she had. Maybe these things weren't as common back in his day. Roz and Tiberius didn't seem like people she would want to cross. She had to wonder how strict the old praetors used to be.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm
Marina didn't have much to say on the topic thus far. She continued to eat her supper and sip on her water as she listened to the Julius family talk about politics. It had been this way for many years. Her own grandparents usually chimed in with their opinions a lot and then of course her mother would always respectfully share her own. Rina over the years had developed her own views on said politics, but she didn't always voice them.

"I would have to agree with Felix's point. I'm sure the legion will be back to normal in a week." Rina said chiming in and took a sip of water before speaking again. "We all have to work together after all. We're only as strong as our weakest link." After her two comments she resorted to eating the potatoes on her plate a little bit waiting for the next bit of information or words someone was going to say.
Frankie

Frankie

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:30 pm
Silas had many opinions on the topics being talked about, for starters he was pretty sure he was the only one questioning why a Centurion ran away, when his cohort finally seemed to be at the very least, starting to grow stronger. Of course, Silas also knew not to ask that kind of question, especially in front of his grandparents. He found it easier to just keep his mouth shut when the family spoke politics. Instead he bit into a piece of his food, and tried his best to act like he cared about what the topic was without having to actually say anything.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum