QTheRevolution
Coins : 7637

QTheRevolution

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 am
photography in a winter wonderland (p) Tumblr_p1t7nxHKki1vybgwvo1_500

Ethan Rousseau's good buddy and centurion Jack Smyth had the lead that Ethan had finally needed. The son of Mercury had big plans for his next big photography installation: The Four Season's of New Rome. He'd gotten some epic battle training shots for the summer, spring in the streets of New Rome, and fall at the underground parties by the aqueducts. He was only missing one thing: winter at the Little Tiber. Ethan had the location, but it was a tad bit difficult to get winter in SoCal. He'd been asking around for anyone who would have a lead on who could help and finally Jack had someone: Corinne Giroux.

Of course Ethan had heard of Corinne. She was a centurion, after all, but all the crazy powers that people around here had started to mix together. Jack told Ethan that Corinne could make it snow, and maybe would even be a good model for his shots. Jack, as a fellow centurion, was even able to give Ethan a place where Corinne would probably be. Jack was proving to be a good friend to have.

Ethan let out a sigh of relief when some members of the Fifth Cohort were exactly where Jack sent him. Ethan's eyes quickly scanned the group until his eyes landed on who he was certain was Corinne. Okay, maybe he wasn't 100%, but he was definitely at least 70% certain. Ethan took a deep breath and fiddled with his camera with his hand. He approached the girl who he thought was Corinne, swallowed.

"Corinne Giroux?" He asked in his natural French accent.
Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13325
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:36 am
photography in a winter wonderland (p) Original

Corinne had been hanging out with a small group of campers form her cohort and she was teaching them various different things. One of them being power control. The daughter of Chione had plenty of experience with her own powers and had learned to use them, but she had also learned how you could go out of control using them, hence her getting frozen all those years ago. It was hard to come back after losing so much time, but at least she got the chance to live out a full life as a demigod.

As she was showing a nine year old daughter of Chione small tricks like making snow flakes she noticed someone walk up to them and say her name in a French accent. It was fairly rare that she had heard of anyone French here, she knew Christian and Lauren were from Montreal and knew how to speak French, but other than those two they were the only ones. Corinne was almost curious to know if he spoke French too, but she wasn't about to make a fool out of herself by speaking it in front of so many different people.

"Yes? Is there anything I can do for you?" Corinne asked with a small smile on her face. She had noticed the camera in his hands, but it was hard to tell if he just always had that around or if he had a purpose with it.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Ethan let out a relieved sigh and a goofy and excited smile crossed his face. "Bien. Parfait." He said excitedly. "I wasn't really sure that it was you. I was nervous that you were going to turn around and smack me or something for thinking that you were someone you're not. I'm glad you are you, though. You're Corinne. Bien. And I'm rambling. I need to stop rambling." Ethan's smile fell a little bit and he looked down, fidgeting with his camera.

Ethan took another deep breath and looked up with a much more settled smile, offering his hand out to Corinne. "I'm sorry. I'm Ethan Rousseau. I'm friends with Jack Smyth, y'know, the third cohort centurion. He said you might be able to help me with something." The son of Mercury pulled his hands back to his camera, flipping back through some pictures he had done for Jack's sister, Aubrey, to the pictures for his project. He pulled the camera strap off his neck and offered the camera to Corinne to look at the pictures.

"I'm doing a photo project. The Four Seasons of New Rome. I've done spring, summer, and fall. I'm just having a little bit of trouble with the whole winter thing seeing as this is south California." Ethan explained in strongly accented words. The faster he talked, the more accented he spoke, and he was very excited to finally have a solution to his problem, that he was talking very quickly."

"Jack said you might be able to help with the whole snow thing, and that you might even be willing to model for me."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:39 pm
photography in a winter wonderland (p) Original

"Well, I've been Corinne Giroux for a long time now, I'd be surprised if I weren't her." Corinne said with a small joke as she laughed a bit. She was trying to make him less nervous and to see if the rambling would possibly calm down a bit. The daughter of Chione tried to create a more easy going atmosphere around her and liked to have as much ease as possible. She heard a few French words from him and a smile immediately cracked on her face, it was the familiarity of the language that seemed a bit nostalgic to her. It was her third language after English and Chinese, but it was still one her father spoke in all the time and it brought back a lot of fond memories.

"Nice to meet you Ethan. I know of Jack see him at least once a week at meetings."
Corinne confirmed her knowing of his friend Jack and was now curious to know what he had wanted. When he had started to talk about doing a photo project and he had handed her over the camera, she stared at it a bit not sure exactly what to do with it. She had never held such advance technology before, in her day they didn't have cameras like these.

"Yeah, I could give you a snow landscape for sure. As for being a model, I don't know, I've never really modeled before, I'm not even sure what you'd want me to do in front of a camera, but I can try." The daughter of Chione didn't typically like to turn things down when it came to doing things for others, so she usually just said yes.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 pm

"I don't know..." Ethan's shoulders fell a little bit, and his flannel slid down his shoulder. Corinne would make the perfect model. "But I can try." A wide smile crossed the son of Mercury's face when Corinne agreed to help. "You'll be perfect, I promise. More times then not, real models are the worst to work with. I want this to be natural. Fun." Ethan said, an excited bounce in his voice. Ethan fixed the black and grey flannel he was wearing over a navy t-shirt, pulling the shoulder back up.

Ethan rubbed his slightly sweaty palms on his light jeans before taking his camera back. He couldn't help but notice that the picture hadn't changed. It was a complex camera. He should have shown her how to use it before just handing it over. "Oh, I'm sorry. This new stuff can be super complicated." Ethan moved next to Corinne and started to flip through the pictures from the project. "This is what I have for spring... and then summer... and then fall. You're my winter." Ethan said excitedly, before taking a step back and sliding the strap of the camera back around his neck.

"I was hoping that we could go down to the Little Tiber. I feel like it'd be amazing all icy." Ethan pulled a coat with a big fluffy hood off the strap of his camera bag. "I got this at the thrift store. I thought maybe it would look nice. I don't know. Style isn't really my thing." That wasn't entirely true. He was a legacy of Venus after all, and it was a nice coat.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm
She watched in awe as what was known as a camera had a little screen showing the images and they just flicked through them as if they were magic. Corinne had never seen such amazing technology and let alone that, she had never seen such great work for the photography pieces, they almost looked as if they were the most detailed and beautiful paintings one could paint, the daughter of Chione only wished she could have lived up to it.

"No worries, just I don't actually know how to work a lot of technology yet, Lennie my optio has always mentioned it is more advanced stuff and we'll get to it a little later." She said with a shrug of her shoulders and then listened as he was speaking of going down to the Little Tiber and that he felt it'd be a great shot.

"Sure, we can go down there, I'm not sure if I can give you exactly the image you want, but I'll try. I'm not even sure if the Little Tiber can be frozen, but I might have an idea for that. Style isn't really my thing either." Corinne said, to be honest she just found out like a year ago women had pants now it was a bit step forward in the fashion industry.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:01 am

Ethan chuckled a little bit. "I may have snagged this from a Venus kid. That means its probably pretty in style. That means I may have also lied about the thrift shop. Anyway, they can't get too mad. We're like cousins, or she's my aunt, or however you'd describe someone who has the same god mom as your mother." Ethan laughed, handing the coat over to Corinne. "I'll give it back, though, I promise. That girl had so much clothes, I'm sure she won't miss it. Anyway, why does she have a winter coat in SoCal?" He laughed.

"Whatever you can do is perfect, I'm sure, Corinne. Like, this is so much closer than I've gotten before." Ethan said excitedly.

The son of Mercury gave a small wave to the other kids from Corinne's cohort and started down the path towards the Little Tiber. Once they were a little distance from the other people, Ethan looked over at Corinne. "I don't want to be rude, so please, don't feel bad telling me to mind my own business, but what was that about? I mean, what did you say? I think it was 'I don't actually know how to work a lot of technology yet, Lennie my optio has always mentioned it is more advanced stuff and we'll get to it a little later.' I just don't quite understand what that means."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 pm
When he had asked her what she had meant by the technology being complex and she wasn't ready for it she had to exhale for a small moment. It was a complicated back story for her to explain and it used to upset her deeply, but the more people she had tried to tell the easier it got, and surely most people she ended up meeting knew about her past either from hear say or her. The daughter of Chione usually preferred to tell people.

"Well It's a bit of a long story." Corinne admitted as they continued to walk towards The Little Tiber. "I didn't grow up in this time period. You see I was born in 1875, so more than a hundred years ago. Back then we didn't have technology like what you have, so I'm completely lost when it comes to it." She said forgetting to add in how she was even still alive before she added on.

"I should clarify, I accidentally froze myself on a combat mission years ago, and didn't defrost until recently. I didn't die because I'm a daughter of Chione and I don't really feel cold at all." She said with a small shrug of her shoulders.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 pm
photography in a winter wonderland (p) Tumblr_p1dhy2xTWm1t735z7o4_250photography in a winter wonderland (p) Tumblr_p1dhy2xTWm1t735z7o8_250

Ethan's eyes grew as Corinne told the story of what happened with her. He couldn't help but smile a little bit. Ethan was a sucker for a good story. "Corinne, that is absolutely crazy. That'd make maybe the best movie ever. It's like Captain America meets Hercules meets Frozen." Ethan said, and then his smile instantly fell. He realized how rude he was being. "Oh, shit. I'm a jerk. I'm sorry. That must of really sucked." Ethan clammed up. He was very good at getting the message across when he put any effort into what he was going to say. Unfortunately, he hadn't really thought that one through.

Ethan was shamelessly planning this movie out in his head. He was planning a slightly dark movie, about this girl and what had happened to her. Maybe a strong male lead by her side, someone to save her. Ethan looked over at Corinne. No way. This girl didn't need to be saved. That was clear. He blinked a few times.

The wheels in Ethan's head were spinning. There was so many questions he had. When Ethan decided he needed to ask, he took a deep breath. He needed to keep his word vomit under control this time. "I'm sorry if I overstep, but do you, like, remember being frozen? And, have you seen a doctor since then? Is there anything like, noticeably different about you, like, genetically? What about language? Like, is the language you spoke back then much different then now, outside of the slang, I mean." Ethan looked up. The Little Tiber came into view. Ethan fiddled with his camera and snapped a few pictures as they walked towards it.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:57 pm
Corinne couldn't help but laugh a little as Ethan began to explain how her life would sound like the best movie ever. In one aspect she could see how it'd intrigue others, but sadly actually living it sucked a little more. To go everyday with reminders that the world has changed around you so much you don't even recognize it anymore, or to wander the earth again knowing that no one you knew was still around. The real cherry on top was that she no longer had her father around to prove she wasn't missing, at some point she had probably given off the impression she was dead as the letters would have stopped coming to her father.

When he made the apology she flashed a warm hearted smile his way and just brushed it off. "You're not a jerk. It's my past that I live with and it's just part of who I am. I can't fix what was done, but I can try to make my present and future better at least. Besides that." Corinne paused for a moment before a big grin popped onto her face. "There's been a lot of great things I would have never got to experience if it didn't happen." Most of the things that came to her mind in that moment was all the candy that Christian had handed her over the past year and a bit.

"Do I remember being frozen? Not really to be honest. It was almost like I was in a state of a coma which made it even more confusing to come back." Corinne answered one of his multiple questions. She never had someone ask so many questions about it in so long, but at least he didn't seem appalled by it and just generally seemed curious. "I've seen many doctors here in New Rome, all of them assure me I am fine and that I have no strange anomalies. I did have to take crazy amounts of vitamins for awhile and do daily hospital visits for the first month or two to make sure though." It was a weird time for her, because in her time you mostly had a doctor come in to see you, you didn't go in to see them. "Well language was a lot more formal and proper in my day. We didn't have any of these slang words around too much. Not the way you guys have it now. I speak three different languages. English is my third. Chinese is my first and French is my second, so in some ways English is a bit different. "

It had been awhile but she realized that she had been rambling on for quite some time, but at least they were almost at the Little Tiber and they could probably get on with this photo shoot thing that she said she'd try to help with.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:11 pm
photography in a winter wonderland (p) Tumblr_p1dhy2xTWm1t735z7o4_250photography in a winter wonderland (p) Tumblr_p1dhy2xTWm1t735z7o8_250

As the son of Mercury snapped pictures of the scenery, Ethan listened intently as Corinne explained the answers to his questions. He nodded along and committed the responses to his memories. "Okay, just one follow up. Have you tried taking medicine at all, or is it just the vitamins? Can your body handle regular like antibiotics." Ethan was trying to find a conflict that he could develop. Really, beyond just messing up something because she's not from 2018 or saying the wrong thing, there wasn't much conflict in this movie. Movies needed conflict. Ethan's eyes perked up when She brought up French. "Je viens de France. Le français est ma première langue, ma langue préférée." Ethan said excitedly.  

"Okay, I'll cut it out. It's picture time." Ethan walked up to the water and dipped his finger in lightly. It was a tad bit cold. He stood back up and rubbed his finger lightly on his jeans. He snapped a few pictures of the water from different angles and then looked around. These pictures wouldn't be too helpful for his project, but maybe they would be in the future. Ethan snapped a few pictures of Corinne and then climbed a tree. He snapped a few pictures of the water again, and a couple of Corinne again. He jumped down from the branch, maybe a little farther than he should have, but still landed on his feet.

"Now, this is the winter part. Winter is kind of your specialty, or so I've been told. Do you have any ideas of how to make it winter now?" Ethan asked. He was flipping through the pictures from the other parts of his project, trying to decide what exactly he needed from these shots. "I'm assuming that you don't have any experience with photography or modeling then?"

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum