Frankie
Coins : 8992

Frankie

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 pm
How First Cohort does New Years Giphy

Cohort one always had their annual New Years party at the Acuaduct. They would build bonfires, and basically party alnight long, than watch the fireworks go off at midnight, because watching the fireworks from the Acuaduct was far better than where the rest of Camp Jupiter went. This year, like every year, Liam and Laurel had kept the tradition up. The two of them, plus their opitios had spent hours setting it up for the entire cohort.

Currently, Liam had found himself being dragged to the drink table by a couple guys, apparently most of his cohort were under the impression that Liam couldn’t hold down his alcohol, and there was a bet going around that he would be drunk after just three shots. Liam, had decided to prove them all wrong.
sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9584

sarenrae

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:01 pm
How First Cohort does New Years Tumblr_o4wmb3en8R1s862sco4_500

Laurel arrived at the party fashionably late. Except she was only kinda late, she was there for the setup but then had gone back to the barracks to change, and then took her time on the return. Thankfully by the time she got back to the top of the aqueduct nobody had really started drinking yet so there wasn't much of a catch-up. Well, except for her co centurion who had started to do shots.

"If you get drunk who the hell is going to be cleaning this mess up?" Laurel asked him, choosing instead to drink beer. When getting drunk she liked to do it a little at a time, so she can enjoy the buzz before she makes some bad decisions. Beer was basically water, especially the stuff the opitos had chosen to buy. She could take shots later.
Frankie

Frankie

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 pm
How First Cohort does New Years Tumblr_mley7cwIkG1s3lwpuo1_250
Liam smirked at his co-Centurion, “but its what the people want...” He laughs, as he shoots the first shot handed to him. It went down a lot harder then he expected, and burned all the way down. Yeah, he was probably going to regret everything in the morning. Especially since he hasn’t actually done any shots in a long while. But Liam was determined to have some real fun for once. “Ok... next one...” He told the kid, pouring the shots for him.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Laurel was caught off guard by happy fun Liam. She couldn't remember the last time she saw him, he was so serious all the time. "Who are you and what have you done with Liam Davenport?" She asked, playfully poking him. "Seriously you're never his happy." She hated to think that tonight she might be the serious one. It scared her, like a bad nightmare where she was absolutely no fun. Then again, it was pretty fun seeing her co-centurion out of his element.
Frankie

Frankie

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 pm

“Yeah, well. Its New Years, we don’t have to do any real work right now, so I want to be happy.” He answers, as he drinks the second shot. This one went down easier than the first time, probably because he was expecting the taste this time. “You could take shots to, you know. It’s weird when you’re more serious than me.” He added, motioning for the kid to pour the third one.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Laurel winced at his comment, "Ugh, now I have to take a shot." She grabbed a bottle from someone, only checking the bottle after pouring the shot. "Who the fuck brought absinthe?" Still, she already poured the shit so now she had to drink it. She took it like a champ, although couldn't help but cough afterward.

"Holy shit that was a bad idea."
Frankie

Frankie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am
Liam laughed, as he choked down the third shot. He was finally starting to feel a slight buzz. “I don’t think absinthe is supposed to be taken as a shot,” He told her, as he was handed the fourth and final shot. He took it quickly, wanting to get the bet over with. Like he said, the fourth shot did nothing but finish giving him a buzz. He could hear the annoyed groans from the Legionnaires who had lost their bet, which made him smile. A fifth shot was offered, but Liam turned it down, he had proved his point, now he wanted to switch to something that wouldn’t burn a hole in his stomach later tonight. He picked up a beer.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:20 am

Laurels head spun and for a moment she knew she had fucked up. "It's really not." She gave Liam a look, "If I throw up it's gonna be your fault. And the fault of whoever brought absinthe. What, is it 1926? Are we literary geniuses trying to hallucinate? Ugh, I need to drink something else to get this taste out of my mouth." Laurel took a shot someone was handing her and downed it. Then she grabbed a bottle of champagne and walked to the edge of the aqueduct, taking a seat. She let her legs dangle off the side, thinking about how they were really stupid to host a party on a place that was so high up with no railings.
Frankie

Frankie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:53 am
How First Cohort does New Years 309668436b44a3edd56d229882f95aa0
“Hey I didn’t make you drink it.” He teased, taking a drink of his beer. He grabbed another bottle, the bottle he picked up was more tequila. Which he was fine with, tequila was perfect for tonight. Liam followed her over to the edge, “don’t fall in.” He stated, as he sat down to finish his beer. Once his beer was gone, he was going to try the tequila. “Want some?” He asked, offering her the bottle.

Last edited by Frankie on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:01 am

"Yes, you did you told me I was going to be serious and boring if I didn't take a shot. I can't stand serious or boring." Laurel paused, "Except on you, you really make it work." She could never do serious or boring. She was meant for bright colors and upbeat songs and karaoke. Serious didn't compliment that well. It was a mystery on why she was chosen to help lead the first cohort.

"I'm good" She said, holding up her bottle of champagne. She might as well keep it classy now. She fiddled with the seal, trying to get it off. "Besides its New Years we should be having champagne, it's a New Years drink. Not fucking absi-" Laurel was cut off by the cork of the champagne flying off, followed by some foam that dripped down onto her legs. Somewhere behind her some kids cheered at the sound that it made.

"Fuck I'm going to reek of champagne now." She said, trying to wipe the excess off. That didn't stop her from taking a swig of it from the bottle.
Frankie

Frankie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 am
Liam laughed maybe a little harder than he normally would, as he dangled his feet and laid down on his back, staring at the sky. “Yeah I told you to take a shot. I figured you take a normal shot, not fucking absinthe.” He laughed, “and thanks. Good too know I make being serious and boring work.” He added, still staring at the sky, the five shots he had taken were finally sinking in, and the stars kind of looked like they were moving.

“Anything you drink on New Years is technically a New Years drink...” He said laughing as she opened and spilled the champagne. He took a swig of his own bottle. Maybe drinking straight tequila wasn’t a good idea, but he didn’t care at the moment.

Last edited by Frankie on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Laurel took another sip of the champagne, "Yeah but I didn't look and by then it was too late." she whined. She looked over at Liam and laughed, "You're just hitting all the bases tonight, huh? Well if you wanna end the night with some absinthe to wash the shots, beer, and tequila down, I highly recommend it."

She looked out at the lights of New Rome and sighed. It was pretty, except the lights were starting to look a little blurry.
Frankie

Frankie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Liam laughed, “exactly, thats why its not my fault.” He said, glancing over at her. “I might take you up on that recommendation.” He adds, still smiling, he looks back up to the sky and watches the stars blurr together as he takes another sip of his tequila bottle. He was getting drunk enough that the usually nasty tasting stuff, was starting to taste good. Liam didn’t care though, and juat took another drink of it.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 pm
[quote="sarenrae"]

"Do it." Laurel insisted, "feel my pain." She needed someone else to experience the green drink of satan. Even though Liam was far more drunk than she was, she didn't care at that point. He was like twice her size so it couldn't be that bad for him.

Laurel took a long sip of champagne, and somewhere in the back of her head, she thought 'maybe I should stop drinking now'. However, Laurel didn't listen to that voice and took an even longer sip. That was her downfall.
Frankie

Frankie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm
Liam finished his bottle of Tequila before he climbed back up to his feet again, careful of the edge of the aqueduct. Seriously how was this a smart tradition? He wondered, as he made his way back over to the drink table, he found the bottle of absinthe that Laurel had accidentally drank her shot from. It was still relatively full which meant most of his cohort were being smart tonight.

Liam wasn’t being smart tonight. In fact, everything he was doing right now was downright dangerous. He poured himself the shot anyway, “hey Laurel!” He called to get her attention. He held the bottle of absinthe up so she could see, and then took the shot. He coughed, as it almost threatened to come right back up. He placed the bottle back on the drink table, and stumbled back over to the spot where he and Laurel had taken claim to.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Drunk Laurel found Liam's attempt at drinking absynthe absolutely hysterical. She wasn't even sure why, because she had probably looked the same when she had tried to drink it. But she was at that point in the night where everything was the funniest thing ever, even things that weren't even supposed to be funny. She continued giggling as Liam stumbled back over to her place on the ledge.

"Don't fall off." She said, between laughs, "or else you'll be like that dude from the roadrunner animated thingies. Y'know the guy that just goes- splat! He holds up signs too. What's his name? Todd? Crayon? Its the same name as a character from Frankie and Grace. Wait, no Grace and Frankie, that's the show. I got the names mixed up." Then she fell back into a pile of giggles. She gave Liam a little poke on the cheek.
Frankie

Frankie

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm
“Was it that funny, really?” Liam asked, as he grabbed her bottle of champagne to wash down the horrible taste of absinthe that was still lingering. He was laughing though, he hadn’t laughed this hard in a very very long time. “I know who roadrunner splat guy is... but who is Grace and Frankie, cause I don’t even watch that show.” His words were way more slurred than they were before, and he figured he should stop drinking now, but at the same time he was also yelling for someone to bring him another beer, which of course, because everyone wanted to see their Centurions in a state they normally weren’t a beer was delievered right into his hand by one his Legionnaires.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:09 pm

"It was, actually. But it's not your fault you're all responsible and stuff. It's pretty fun to see you out of your element. Party Liam is very different from Regular Liam." She didn't specify whether that was good or bad. To be fair, Drunk Laurel wasn't good at making much sense.
"Grace and Frankie is about two women who find out their husbands are in love with each other and so they move in together but one is a former businesswoman and the other is a new age hippy and they learn to get along and deal with their dysfunctional life. It's very good it's on Netflix. When you think about it we're kind of like them, except no gay husbands."

Frankie

Frankie

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 pm
Liam narrowed his eyes at her, trying to decide if she meant it in a good way or not. Usually he would be able to tell, but tonight, his senses were all out of tune. “Sounds like a good show, we’ll have to watch it sometime.” He says, finishing his can of beer. He placed it to the side, “how are we like them? Are you saying you’re a hippie? And im a business person.... or am i a hippie...?” That last question didn’t make sense, but he couldn’t stop himself from asking it anyway. Was he a hippie? Such a stupid question. No he was definitely the business person in this scenario. He laughed, as he layed back down on the ground again. He was definitely drunk, he couldn’t even see the stars anymore.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum