Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13355
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:32 am
It had been a few minutes before people were going to start arriving for the annual Christmas party that happened every year. Each year it cycled with who was hosting between the Virgos, Davenports, Sinclairs, Julius', and Prescotts. Last year it had been the Julius' that hosted and next year was supposed to be the Prescotts. It usually went in the order of Davenports, Julius', Virgos, Prescotts, and then the Sinclairs.

Every Christmas eve the families were invited, and often times there would be invitations sent out to Abella Moreau and Camilia Cardona but they were always left unanswered are declined. Aspen had just been doing the finishing touches for what she would be wearing for tonight, her mother had made it a priority that her and her siblings dressed up nicely for this party.

Aspen had chosen to wear one of her black dresses. This one had a low v-neck and went to about her mid thigh. To make sure she wasn't too provocative she made sure this one had sleeves, although she wasn't sure how conservative it was considering the sleeves were just black lace. The legacy checked her hair quickly as she had just left it down and once she was good she began to walk downstairs when she heard her mother clear her throat.

"Aspen, if I had caught you just a couple minutes earlier, I would be making you change." Julia's voice called from the top of the stairs.

"It'll be fine mom." Aspen called back as she finished walking down the rest of the stairs and she found Christian. She wrapped her arm around his before she kissed him with a soft peck. "Now, I'll be by your side all night, I promise. I know this isn't your thing, but it means a lot to my mom and means a lot to me that you're here."
Metaloneus
Coins : 11725

Metaloneus

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:24 pm
The Virgo Residency was a strange atmosphere on Christmas Eve. Christian wondered if Julia had really replaced all of the light bulbs in the main area of the house with dim ones just because a bunch of people were coming. Still, he could appreciate all the work she'd put into something like this, especially while she hardly had a moment of time to herself as it was. 

Aspen and Christian weren't even defined as a couple, not yet at least, and he wasn't sure if that was a blessing or a curse for the events of tonight. All of the rich and powerful in one place looking at him like he was some oddity was sure to be fun. But at least Denise would be here, and that was one friendly face, even if Christian was somewhat suspicious that the Sinclair kids were planning to take military leadership and stage a coup.

There was a lot of tinsel, which Christian thought was Julia-esque as it was. There was no mistletoe in sight, and some grand bottles of champagne rested in a bucket of ice. The way he saw it, there was probably no help from house-hands in setting this up. The layout just scream "Julia."

Christian had been awkwardly present in the home. He'd seen both Eli and Sophia walk by, which didn't lead to much conversation. He'd felt like a pear on an apple tree; he just wasn't supposed to be here. But he was too far in it already. If he backed out now he'd be letting Aspen down immensely. He was doubtful that she'd told a bunch of people that he'd be there, but on principle, he knew he had to stick here.

He wasn't sure what "semi-formal" meant, according to Aspen. He wasn't sure if it was possibly to over-dress for something like this, but he also never wore formal clothes. Formal was a rarity for the ranks of Cohort Five. Corinne quite literally had to drag him out and give him guidelines, and she wasn't even from this millennium. What he'd ended up with were some weird glorified jeans and a red dress-shirt. He was really wishing they did an ugly sweater theme.

He'd heard Julia's remark, which certainly made his head raise, but he was more happy to see Aspen come down than anything else. She'd made it very clear by her body language that she didn't have him here as a friend. He returned her peck, and happily let their arms intertwine. "I'm more afraid of how Julia would react than you if I didn't come." Christian half-teased. "So, what happens at these things? Do you guys kinda get together and discuss how much better off you are than Forbes front-runners?" He joked.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:55 pm
"She'd be devastated, once everyone left she would be sitting on the couch with a pale of ice cream sobbing." Aspen said throwing the tease back Christian's way with a smile. Christmas had always been one of Aspen's more favourite times of the year. It just had this vibe too it all the time with the Christmas decorations and the dressing up and big gatherings. It gave Aspen this sense of home, even if she had to spend time socializing with a bunch of people she didn't always want to socialize.

Sometimes Aspen got a little rebellious with the other kids and they would hang out in whatever giant study or rec room that the other family had. While spending time in there usually different games like truth or dare, spin the bottle, and all those silly teenaged games would happen. Often times they would usually sneak a few bottles of wine or champagne into the study and they would drink that in the cups they had been given. After that they usually played whatever other games they had such as darts, pool, or whatever was in the house.

"Well, usually us kids hang around just long enough to socialize with the grown ups. You know the usual, 'how's the cohort doing?' or 'have you decided on retirement yet?' those sorts of questions." Aspen started speaking explaining the adventures of Christmas Eve as she led Christian into another part of the house and away from the entrance a little. "Then, once they've had their second glass of whatever they're drinking, slowly we migrate to the study and every now and then someone grabs a bottle of champagne and we hang out in there. Sometimes we go out into the streets of New Rome too, just depends." She finished with a bit of a shrug.

"Sometimes you hear some fairly cool stories from the parents too." Aspen said, "Just about how everyone was friends back in the day and the shenanigans they got into. That kind of stuff."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 am
"I was thinking closer to personal hitman." Christian replied to Aspen. Julia didn't ring him as violent, but she did seem protective of her children. The way Christian saw it, there was nothing worse than the fury of a mother. Julia seemed all subtle on the outside, but that was just the lawyer inside of her.

"Well, I think you're the only one here that's old enough to retire." Christian commented. He didn't dread it as much as he let on; he was pretty sure he wouldn't be acknowledged, especially by the elite. With some careful planning and placement, he was planning on being able to fly under the radar. That was, unless Aspen had other ideas for the night, because he was now attached by the arm and wasn't planning to change that.

"I think people would react a little differently seeing me in the streets of New Rome after curfew than you." Christian mused. He wondered what it must have been like, the reality that Julia Virgo, Michael Davenport, Cora Prescott, they all used to be his age, and all used to be in his shoes. Or, Aspen's shoes anyway. "The main question is-" Christian playfully mused, before laying a kiss on Aspen. "Which one of you has the guile to slip champagne?"
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm
When Christian mentioned that he figured she was the only one old enough to retire out of the group she shook her head. "Davis Sinclair has been able to retire now just like me. He's working on his eleventh year so we can all say what we want about him, but he's got real dedication." Aspen said with a smile, it wasn't that she was super close with Davis, but their families were close and she knew a bit about Davis and his background. She couldn't imagine having five other siblings that you would constantly have to deal with.

"Liam Davenport is also close to retirement as well. At least from my memory.Well I guess that's bit far out of the way to ask about, you're right." Aspen was thinking about it a little more as the walked into the living room. Often times all the adults got to sit on the couch while the kids would stand near if they were to listen to different stories. "Most people on the streets of New Rome are walking home drunk or mind their own business, they wont care." The legacy said shaking her head thinking about it. She remembered last year she had ended up taking her shoes off and racing against some of the others around her age after drinking to see who could go the farthest without falling over.

After feeling his lips press to hers she smirked for a moment before she answered his question, "Well, Christian. Would you be surprised to know in previous years its always been me? Sometimes Blake will try to grab it, but he usually gets caught and we all laugh at him." Aspen continued to bring up more of the highlights of what tonight would end up being, she wanted to do her best to make him dread it less. The brunette leaned in a little to him so she could whisper in his ear, "Maybe at some point we can sneak off somewhere."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 pm
Christian could almost feel his eyes roll out of his head when Aspen made a remark that defended Davis Sinclair. "Yeah, we can say what we want about Davis. Mostly because he's the second most bratty optio in the legion. Don't get me started on Blake, or the others." Christian could almost feel the rant coming out of him without him meaning to, and the conversation was heading in much better direction. "Besides, you have a few of those thorns yourself, I'm sure." Christian let the cards fall where they would.

"That would surprise me." Christian admitted, biting on to her game. "Poise, beauty, grace. All traits I've seen the one and only Aspen Virgo." Christian mused to the girl in a more quiet tone. "Stealth and guile. Why would a daughter of a lawyer with a clean reputation need those?" He half-flirted to the girl, 

"Julia catches wind of us sneaking around, you're going to have a really awkward Christmas morning." Christian reminded her. "Not to mention, with a little sister and older brother around, that could have a strong backfire. It'd be all the rage in pre-teen gossip in Cohort One and Two." Christian teased
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:21 pm
She noticed him as he had rolled his eyes at the mention of Davis, she knew a lot of people saw him as a brat and that he wasn't meant for leadership role, and she would agree that he wasn't meant for leadership, but he wasn't the worse there could be. There was that kid named Carter who was the absolute worst. "Yeah, but you have to admit, Carter is by far the worst yet." Aspen said shaking her head.

"Thank you, thank you, I do prize myself on being the fairest of them all."
The legacy said jokingly with a bit of a laugh and she looked over to him again, "You have to use stealth and guile if you want to have a good time." Aspen said in a more playful tone, it was always good to flirt with Christian it had just came so naturally to the brunette as she stood next to him.

When he began talking about if they got caught she couldn't help but laugh. "I know, I know, you're right. It'd be fairly hard to accomplish something like that, but it makes it all that much more tempting if I'm being honest." The legacy of Jupiter admitted to Christian before she spoke again, "Worst comes to worse when everyone goes to bed I have a gift for you in my room."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm
"Maybe." Christian shrugged. "He's a piece of work, alright, but at least he tries. It almost seems like Blake just became Optio because he was bored." Christian set his mind away from the subject, pried even, to not get on a tangent over it, especially while all of the people who would hate his rant would be present any second. He promised himself that he'd get back at them someday, as a reward for his restraint.

"A good time isn't everything." Christian reminded her. "Ten years, eleven next, that's something to be proud of too." Christian trailed off, before his mind ultimately looped back to where he knew it would. "I can't get the image of all of you wandering around New Rome, like some rich version of the Breakfast Club." Christian got the jest out while he still could. "The amount of times I've heard my legionaries make jokes about you all hanging out is ridiculous."

"I'll tell you what, queen of stealth." Christian cooed to her, before giving her hand a squeeze. "We'll wait until it's time, and I bet I can steal two bottles before all of you can steal one together." Christian dared.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm
"You have a point there." Aspen said in reply to Christian's comment on Carter and Blake. The conversation had ended up steering into the thought of all of her and the other kids in the streets of New Rome. Often times they had people yell at them to get off of their lawns or to be quiet, some of them even sounded intimidating and that was when the legacy was glad they weren't allowed weapons within the border.

"Breakfast Club is a good movie, I will take that as a compliment."
The brunette said jokingly shaking her head before speaking again, "We usually end up at Denari's before we head back home. I bet the staff dreads us coming in, I'm not proud of that, but I wouldn't be surprised." It wasn't too long after she made the comment that he began to mention testing his stealth against hers, there wasn't much time before people started to pile in, but she nodded and took on his dare.

It was only seconds after that the Prescotts had came in and followed by them all of the other families. It had gotten packed very soon and it felt like they were in a completely different place than they had originally been before. Laughter and talking had filled the air and you could hear the many different quests that the adults had been on and the usual questions being asked to some of the kids.

Soon it was getting to the time of when the adults would be getting their second drink and Aspen went to give Christian a look but when she looked over he wasn't there.
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am
The party went exactly as he'd expected it to; he got virtually no acknowledgement. There were big laughs from all of the heads of the households, and you might have actually gotten the impression there was personality within them. It almost seemed like everyone there was a family, rather than it being several separate families. The gestures and remarks began professional, mostly kids from the other families extending their pleasantries and greetings to the other heads of families, namely the Davenport and Sinclair families. At first it almost reminded Christian of a mob reunion, and when the time came and he had to shake the hands of Michael Davenport and Samuel Sinclair, he had to remind himself not to say "Don Davenport."

It was a new experience for Christian, but also a bittersweet one. For every one thing he saw that made him think, he remembered that he'd only see these things with other families on Christmas. Here, he was hardly even a person, only extended the time of day because Aspen Virgo was soft on him. Luckily for Christian he didn't feel like dwelling on something so sappy. Aspen had been clear that they took the champagne when the parents were on their second drink, and so he picked his moment to make his move.

Being such a loud household at the time, dimmed lights, alcohol in all of the parents, and everyone loosened up, the risk of being caught wasn't high at all, but the consequences of getting caught would be painstakingly high. Julia seemed quite trusting, considering all of the bottles were in an ice bucket by the corner, with what he assumed was water for all of the kids. He'd thought about making a distraction. A spill, or cracking a window open for chills, but he figured the parents must have caught them at least once, and rookie stuff like that raised bells for parents.

While he was out of sight, he figured now was as good of a time as any to swallow down some painkillers. No one was even watching the ice bucket. It was just a matter of not drawing attention at that point, which was fortunate, he already felt invisible. Christian had made the nab of two bottles without any issues. He wanted to make the grab for a third, just to show off to, and maybe impress, Aspen. But he figured that would be risky, considering surely someone would notice a third bottle gone. Worse come to worst, Christian was sure there was a liquor cabinet he could get into.

Christian prodded into the study, waiting on the sofa for company.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:39 pm
It was also so interesting to hear what the grownups had to say. When she was younger she always thought that her own family had been competing with all of these other families, but as she grew older and began to understand a little more, each of the parents of some of the other children became more like family members to her. They all looked out for each other in the legion and even outside of the legion, it was almost as if they were this big secret group in a way.

"Hey Julia! Where's the camera tonight?" Cora said trying to tease the other woman as she took a sip of her champagne in hand.

"Oh don't tempt me, Cora." Julia started wagging her finger at the blonde, "I will pull it out and I will do it when you're all trashed, get some good black mail material." The daughter of Volturnus said with a giant grin on her face. It was safe to assume that as of this moment Julia Virgo had the most to drink.

Laughter commenced for awhile until you would start to hear more stories that weren't the ones you would usually hear from the group of professionals in front of them. "Do you guys remember the night that Cora was so drunk she accidentally froze her feet to the ground?" Daniel piped up from his chair that he was sitting on with a grin.

"We don't need to tell that story."
Cora said with a roll of her eyes as she crossed her right leg over her left one and gave more of a closed off body gesture.

"Why? Is it too embarrassing?"
Julia piped up with a big grin on her face.

"You know Cora, it is good to talk about things that embarrass us."
Daniel replied to the blonde as he leaned in with his elbows on his knees leaning in as if he were to listen more intently for her answers.

A sigh escaped through the poised woman's lips as she shifted to face the others. "So, one night, Daniel and I were collecting up the alcohol for this part by the aqueduct. You know typical teenage stuff. On the way there we may have had too much to carry, so to lighten the load I decided to chug a few beers, I mean they were going to be gone by the morning regardless..." Cora started her story as everyone else listened in. "This isn't as glamorous as Daniel makes it out to be, but I had been really drunk, I don't remember much leading up to it, but I believe I decided to climb up the aqueduct. I was half way up when Daniel called out to me, I looked down and I got scared and lost control of my powers and froze my feet to the side of the aqueduct until someone could come retrieve me. As I said, it's not as great as Daniel remembers it, but since it was requested to be told, I'll tell it."

Conversations and stories like those had gone on for awhile, even some had been brought up about the kids when they were younger and the silly things that they would do.

Julia was laughing really hard before she fanned her face to catch her breath and speak. "I remember this one time, I had come home on lunch break and my house was covered in mud. Muddy foot prints, hand prints, and whatever else you name it, it was there. I had been so confused, but I remember hearing giggling from the closet. " The Virgo mom said continuing her story, "Just before I got to the closet I noticed a different print on the floor. It was a butt print from little miss five year old Aspen, and of course she had signed her name in mud below it. I never laughed so hard in my life, but I was furious at the mess her and Eli had made. I tell you the sand box was gone by the end of the week."

The adults had gone off to the kitchen to try and get something harder for drinks now that they had eased their way into the night. Aspen had decided to take a bottle of champagne as she made way to the study and when she entered, she found Christian with two bottles of champagne himself. A sly grin formed on her face as she shut the door behind her.

"I'm not surprised, you beat me, I will say though, I am very tempted to lock the door right now, but it'd just draw more attention to us."
Aspen said shaking her head as she began to make her way towards Christian. She came up and sat on the couch beside him.
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 pm
"I guess there's an advantage in being invisible." Christian shrugged it off. He examined the champagne, and it seemed like it came straight from a lock box of some liquor store in a gated community. The glass wasn't spun like an ordinary bottle, there were symmetric grooves and a consistent pattern. The label was in french, though the writing was far too finessed, Christian was able to translate the label to "Chivard's Reserve" and went on to offer very little. Christian would have guessed Julia blew a hundred dollars on this bottle easily. 

"I'm impressed." He admitted, fondling the second bottle, which had the same appearance as the first.. "They're not all just ghosts and ghouls. It's almost like they're real people." He referenced the crowd outside, who's voices were heard as much more soft with the small barrier, although it didn't help that the door was still open, and even at Aspen's tempting offer, Christian was award of the risks, the high risks.

"Lock the door and you'll have Blake complaining." Christian cooed to her. He leaned in to give her a quick kiss. "And he could complain louder than anyone else in there could tell." He layed down the two bottles next to him, before lacing his arm around hers. "So, how does this work, do we all drink together?" He asked.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:17 am
"You're not invisible to me." Aspen said trying to reassure Christian, not that she figured that he would need it or looked at himself in a negative light about it, but she still wanted to make sure he knew what he meant to her and that she'd be by his no matter what. The champagne in her hand had been from the same place her mom got them every time they hosted a Christmas party, unless someone tried to outshine her and get a more expensive one. Her mother seemed to have always had a sense of pride about what kind of drinks she could offer her guests.

She chuckled a little at his comments about them being real people and she nodded her head. "Yeah, they can all be a little intimidating at times, or just seem like robots in a way or that they don't have those typical stories everyone else does, type of thing. But when they all get together, they just seem a little more human and genuine." Aspen said agreeing. She had encounters with many heads of the households before this and usually most of them would talk as if they were conducting business with you. If it weren't for these parties that happened, no one would have ever known that at one point Cora had been super distraught to a miscarriage back when Roy was about three years old.

Aspen felt his lips press against hers in a quick peck and she returned it. When he asked a few questions she smiled, "Well we usually drink together..." The legacy said trailing off before she made another comment, "But, since you snagged an extra bottle, you should hide it so we don't have to share it later." As she said it she leaned into him a little and kissed his cheek. "If you want to." She said playfully.
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm
Christian wondered if the people in this house even knew how lucky they were. He almost was certain that they were clueless as to how many people would die for this. Glory, wealth, stability, and family. He wondered what else someone could possibly desire in the world. He lost himself in the thought before Aspen pulled him back into reality. He have a sly smile at her request, before he slid a bottle between the frame of the couch and the crevice near the cushions. "Sounds good to me." Christian gave a fake whisper to her, before kissing her once more.

"What sounds good?" A cringey voice rang from beyond the door frame. Christian knew, of course, who it was. Blake Sinclair, an optio who somehow outdid both Centurion's appearances. Not because Laurel and Liam didn't get around, but because Christian could have sworn he did nothing but wander from Cohort to Cohort bragging of his glorious exploits. Lauren and him had spent time together before. The thought made Christian sick.

"Sports. Not water polo, but actual sports." Christian coyly replied. It wasn't the smartest move he could make, given his position, but he was confident Denise and Aspen would back him up if anything went wrong.

"I'm sorry, do you actually play any sports?" Blake wagered back in his usual stuck-up tone.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 pm
The moment felt right with her and Christian and for a small moment it had felt as if they weren't even at a Christmas Party where a bunch of kids would begin to pile into the room to start drinking and playing games, or in the case of some of the younger kids it would be them not drinking and just playing games if they had felt up for it. Every moment of happiness had been shattered the moment Blake Sinclair had made a comment.

He had started off being his usual annoying self and Aspen tried her hardest to block it out. At that point she knew she couldn't do this sober, so she leaned into Christian a little more and whispered into his ear before Blake could get closer to hear anything, "Lets play a drinking game, drink every time he says something stupid." After that she leaned away again and then opened the bottle of champagne that she had and took a sip.

"Do you?" Aspen asked in response to Blake about playing any sports. "And no water polo and spending money is not a sport. Neither is shopping for those stupid polo shirts you buy either." The brunette rolled her eyes, she wasn't necessarily known for being nice and she wasn't going to start today.
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:46 pm
"You're in Cohort Three, you literally made nothing for your legacy. A lion doesn't concern himself with the affairs of sheep, Aspen. Even your house is one of the least wealthy of our group." Blake didn't hesitate at all to speak in the way he always did. It was like his natural speaking voice was whiney. Christian hated it.

"You could always fight her in a battle." Christian announced, seeing Denise walk in shortly before he spoke. "I'm just saying, you think you have this intense glory. Why not fight it out then? Prove yourself right?" Christian asked. "Wait, I'm confused." Christian turned to Aspen. "I'm supposed to take two drinks, do I just drink from this champagne bottle? Or am I supposed to share this?" He asked. Which left Denise with an amused look on her face.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:03 pm
"I'm just saying, quality over quantity. You may have a lot of quantity, but it's empty inside. It's like seeing the light on in a home, but nobody's there." Aspen said in response to Blake's comment about her being lower on the totem pole than him. Everyone knew what Aspen was capable of and where her skill set was, she didn't care if they had a fancy house or not compared to the Sinclairs or the Davenports.

Aspen took a swig of the champagne and then handed it over to Christian as he began to talk about how much he needed to drink now. "I think a whole bottle each would do the job for an hour, but if we drank for the whole night we'd need our stomachs pumped." She said shaking her head, just so many dumb words came out of the mouth of Blake Sinclair, the fact that he's gotten around a few times made her sick. "I'll fight you in this dress and still win."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:06 pm
Blake seemingly ignored Aspen's challenge to fight, and Christian's boasts towards Aspen. Whether it was because he saw it as a win or that he knew he'd lose, and it was far more likely the latter, he kicked the subject straight under the rug from the conversation. "Always talking about what little things you can manage to grasp." Blake cooed. "Yet, I never hear you talk about the finer things in life. Like, your optio-" 

"You don't want to go there." Christian interuted, without a hint of hesitation. Christian had been up from the couch now, he'd left the champagne bottle with Aspen, he wasn't going to sit here all night and let some kid pumped up on money talk about his family like they were lesser. Christian took two paces so the two were close. Blake had a grin on his face, like this is exactly what he wanted to have happen at this moment in time.

"Why don't you tell me why that is, hoodlum?" Blake challenged.

"I don't fucking care how they see me." Christian angrily barked at him, referring to the parents and folks outside. "They can think I'm the biggest piece of feral trash there is. Just as long as you get put down first."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm
It had been slow but slowly some of the kids started to make their way to the study. So far it had just been Blake and Denise Sinclair, and Aspen was sure the others would follow in soon, but with the recent turn of tables Aspen wasn't sure if that was a good idea, she could see some of the kids egg on a fight meanwhile some of the others would just watch or try to stop it. Aspen took a swig of the champagne before setting it down with the other bottle on the table before she stood up.

Aspen wasn't sure what she was going to do at this point, is she were going to be one of the people that stopped it or just let it happen. "If you're going to fight take it outside." Aspen said, she realized that if Blake said enough to get to Christian, there was no stopping him and there was nothing she could say to change it.

"A fight? Maybe this year wont be such a bore after all."
Eli said as he walked into the room with a case of beer in his hands that he had picked up from the store and stored in the Virgo Residency before the Christmas party had started. "Winner can have the whole case." He said gesturing to what he had. If he had to he would try to run down to the store and pick more up, but if anything was going to make Christmas Eve interesting instead of the usual shit they did, it'd be a fight. "We could all make bets." Eli also commented as a few others started to stream into the room.

Cassia, Marina, and the Sinclair twins had come into the room to take up some of the space, "Are you sure we should be drawing this much attention to ourselves?" Cassia asked with everyone talking about a fight, part of her had been worried about someone getting hurt.
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 am
Christian was waiting for Blake to say one more thing. He ignored Aspen, who favored neither one of them. The acknowledgement of her statement would have only made it worse. It seemed as though there was enjoyment from the conflict. It only made Christian even more angry. And all Blake did was smirk.

"Christian." Denise had stepped in between both of the boys, her hands giving both of them a suggestive motions backwards. "He wants you to make a move. Even if you fight and win, you still lose." Denise tried to strike a cord with him. Really, it was partially to stop Christian from springing a trap, but it was equally motivated by the prospect of keeping Blake from getting what he wanted for the millionth time in his life, just like Samuel always did.

Christian found his eyes still locked on the other boy, but his ears were locked on his sister. Then, finally, Christian snapped out of the trance. The attention of everyone hadn't even occurred to him until now. Now suddenly all the eyes in the room were on him and Blake, and Christian no longer felt invisible, but vulnerable instead. He hardly knew the names of most people here, and the ones he did know probably would never admit they knew him. "I gotta go." Christian finally said. He looked to Aspen, then Eli, then Cassia, before his eyes fell back on Blake.

"Thank you." He whispered to Denise. "I'll see you tomorrow night, we'll keep a spot open for you." Christian said, in reference to how Cohort Five always ended up playing card games Christmas night. Christian passed Denise, purposefully bumping Blake's shoulder. "I'll see you in War Games next week, asshole." Christian loudly muttered, departing from them.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm
Aspen had watched how Denise had diffused the situation and honestly she was thankful for the way Denise was able to handle conflict, it was something Aspen wished she were better at. The legacy was a little annoyed with her older brother for trying to bribe them with beer, Eli was an idiot.

The brunette hadn't expected Christian to just leave the room and her. She could feel a small pang in her chest watching him go, her first instinct was to follow, but that wasn't what she did right away. The small twinge or hurt that had been settling into her core had also woken up the anger that lay dormant like a volcano. It was only a couple steps when she made it to the boy, the stupid boy named Blake. Immediately she had an reaction without thinking about it, her fingers curled up and her fist was now in a ball before she brought her arm back and swung eating Blake Sinclair square in the jaw with as much force as she could.

After making contact with his face she pulled her hand away and began making quick steps to following Christian out of the room and when she finally caught up to him she put a hand on his arm. "Christian wait." She spoke softly, "Don't go. Please. Or do, but take me with you."

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum