QTheRevolution
Coins : 7634

QTheRevolution

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:37 pm
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_ol2z2lAGn31ril92ro1_400Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_ol2z2lAGn31ril92ro7_400

Tamhas wasn't necessarily avoiding Malcolm... Okay, he was definitely avoiding Malcolm. His twin brother was on one of his slightly more crazy kicks. His plan was absolutely ludicrous, even more than normal. It was so ludicrous that he couldn't even convince Tamhas to play a part in it, an unprecedented situation between them.

Tamhas was sitting cross-legged on the edge of the Little Tiber. He was reading a book on nerve repairing and eating an apple. The son of Apollo was wearing a dark red t-shirt for his for his favorite football team back home, Stirling Albion F.C., and a pair of tan shorts. His ears were perked up and ready. He knew it wouldn't be too long before Malcolm found him. He couldn't hide from him forever. Tamhas flipped the page in his book and took a bit from his apple.  
Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13322
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:40 pm
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_m8ylkh8k5O1rt2432

Corinne had been out for a walk. She just needed to clear her head and get some space from all the commotion that was Camp Jupiter. Well the main parts of it that was. The daughter of Chione felt very overwhelmed by people at times. Sure she had adjusted just fine since being back, but somethings you never really could adjust to. Not when the world now was so different. Rinne felt calmer as she walked by the Tiber. Not a lot of people were usually out here.

As she was walking she didn't take notice of much of her surroundings. Just kept walking until she stopped in her tracks noticing someone sitting there. This wasn't a normal occurrence. Corinne didn't know who the guy was, but she knew he wasn't from her cohort. She'd have known that. Rinne noticed he was reading a book, and figured, if he noticed her now, it'd be rude for her not to say something. "What book are you reading?" Books were something she wasn't a stranger to. They had books when she grew up. Her favourite being Alice's adventures in wonderland.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:15 pm
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_ol2z2lAGn31ril92ro1_400Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_ol2z2lAGn31ril92ro7_400

Tamhas heard footsteps and he knew that Malcolm had found him. He knew it was only a matter of time before he needed his help with that crazy idea of his. Tamhas sighed and turned his head towards the footsteps. As he started to turn his head, he heard the voice belonging to the footsteps. That wasn't Malcolm's voice. Tamhas turned his head the rest of the way and saw the girl who owned the voice. A relieved smile crossed his face as he looked her up and down.

Tamhas looked down at the book in his lap and then held it up to show the girl. "Nothing particularly special. It's a dissertation on nerve repairing via the use of proteins that promote regeneration." Tamhas said quickly, with his Scottish accent strong. Tamhas slipped the piece of paper that he was using as a bookmark into it and closed the book. Setting it back down beside him. Tamhas turned back to the girl. "Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that we've met. I'm Tamhas Kennedy."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm
Legends of Today (p) BwvaB75

The moment he had lifted the book up and began to explain what it was, Corinne lost him. A lot of those words sounded like they had related to science. Science wasn't huge back in her time, and so she couldn't quite keep up with the advancements that modern society had. She looked at the book and then looked at him. "Interesting." She said slowly, decided it was the best response she could have to that. Rinne wasn't sure what to make, why couldn't people still read classic books? The books about fiction. Those were usually a good read for her.

"I don't believe we have, Corinne Giroux, pleased to meet you Tamhas Kennedy." The brunette said extended her hand forward to give a handshake. It was just a formality that she was used to, especially when introducing herself to males. Some habits just never died. "Who are you running away from? People don't usually come out here to just read a book." Corinne said with a small smile crossing her lips before she opened them again to ask him something "Mind if I take a seat?"
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 am

Tamhas chuckled. "It's interesting to me, but not to most people. Medical is a bit high context." The dark haired boy said with a chuckle. Tamhas smiled when Corinne offered her hand to him. The Scottish boy put his hand out to meet hers and shook hers. He was a really big fan of handshakes. They were such a professional, accepted, and innocent form of human contact. "Corinne, that's a very pretty name." The son of Apollo said sweetly. Tamhas pulled his hand back and pulled his legs in tighter.

When Corinne asked if she could sit down. He tapped the ground next to him. "Oh, please do." Tamhas said genuinely. He chuckled and rubbed the inside corner of his eyes lightly. "I mean, you're right that I'm avoiding someone. It's my brother- my twin brother." Tamhas explained. "He has this... How do I say this... spark of insanity? He goes off on these crazy ideas that cause him to do things like steal horses. I just don't need him pulling me into this right now." Tamhas admitted. "He's great, but like a crazy great."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 pm
Legends of Today (p) BwvaB75

So all the science words had related to medical? Was the thought that went through Corinne's mind. She wasn't sure if she could ever understand it all, by the time she did she was sure they were going to have something new for her to try and wrap her mind around. There was no use in asking anyone to explain it to her either. The only people who seemed to be able to explain anything to her and for it to make sense was Lennie and Christian. Although those two had been by her side to help her since the start.

Corinne didn't want to admit that she knew nothing about science and medical stuff though, that would be her having to admit her past and usually she tried to leave that, well, in the past. Looking over to Tamhas, she nodded as he explained that he was trying to get away from her brother. To have a sibling seemed like a blessing and a curse all in one.

The daughter of Chione took a seat beside the boy and brought her knees up to her chest, her arms hugged around them. "Thanks. Some just call me Rinne though. I don't mind either one." She said with a light shrug of her shoulders.

"As for your brother, sounds like he's quite the troublemaker. Probably best not to get involved in his antics. Why does he plan to steal horses anyways? What does he gain out of it? Possible punishment?" She asked curiously. Maybe these were what people were calling pranks, otherwise known as jokes.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Tamhas smiled sweetly. He had the kind of smile that could make anyone calmer. "I'm going to stick with Corinne, if you don't mind." Tamhas said, drumming his fingers lightly on his knees. Tamhas was a surgeon and a medic by trade. His hands didn't stay idle well.

The son of Apollo chuckled lightly at her comments about his brother. "I've always called him Gwyddion, even since we were little kid. He's a trickster and enchanter in Celtic myth. We're Scottish, ya'see." Tamhas said with a chuckle. The twins learned Celtic myths before they had even learned Roman, despite their mother being a daughter of Trivia. She had wanted them to be linked to their Scottish culture. The twins definitely were connected to that culture. Despite leaving there when they were still young, they still talked with full Scottish accents, as well as studying up on their culture.

Tamhas shrugged his shoulder. "I don't want to get you too involved, but he had a plan that wasn't going to work without a quick getaway. I told him that, but he took that as me saying he should steal a horse. Honestly, he is probably going to get caught, but he has a way of getting out of trouble."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_m8ylz3rCSv1rt2432

"Don't mind at all." She said in response to him wanting to just refer to her as Corinne. Most people did, but often times close friends and her family used to call her Rinne, so at this point she didn't really mind if others did as well. Rinne noticed him drumming his fingers on his knee lightly. She wasn't too sure what that was about, but felt it wasn't her place to ask about it. Probably just something done out of habit, she knew she had a few of those.

When Tamhas mentioned what he usually referred to his brother as she nodded. She remembered hearing of the name once way back, but hadn't really heard of it since. Luckily, he provided and explanation for the name. It only made her wonder what exactly his twin brother was like. "Scottish? That's really cool. I'm Canadian, not as fancy or anything." Corinne was tempted to mention some of what was considered history now, but it just felt weird to mention it as such. It wasn't history to her, she lived through a good portion of it. The rail road being built was such an experience.

"Some people take feedback in different forms I guess. At least he's out living life in the way he wants to. Have to give him some credit where it's due." The daughter of Chione said with a small shrug of her shoulders.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:04 pm
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_inline_opnsrufeXo1ravrtw_250Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_inline_opntblvkTN1ravrtw_250

Tamhas' fingers continued drumming on his knees. As a son of Apollo, he had a great sense of rhythm, but it was nothing compared to Malcolm's. He'd got their father's musical genes. Tamhas got the healing. Tamhas loved being a healer, but people always found Malcolm's talents, well, hotter.

Tamhas pushed his right hand back through his dark hair. "Yeah. I mean, relatively, we didn't live in Scotland for all that long, but I do miss it. I'm sure you miss Canada. What was it like where you live? Has it been a while since you left?" The son of Apollo asked, innocently. He had lived in a city in Scotland that was known for being old. It was all based around the medieval citadel. He liked hearing about where other people were from. It was always so different.

A laugh escaped Tamhas' lips when Corinne suggested a bright side to Malcolm's more insane tendencies. "Yeah. That's all right and good until he gets himself thrown in jail, or whatever." Tamhas said, no harshness in his voice. "It's funny. I'm usually the one who is good at finding the bright sides to thing."
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:56 pm
Legends of Today (p) Giphy

When Tamhas asked about Canada it was a bitter sweet moment for the brunette. She could remember the countless times she'd run around in the nature farther away from the construction of the railroad. She remembered the times when she was down by the creeks and she wanted to swim, but her nanny would tell her no. She even remembered the time her father had shown her his pocket watch for the first time. It was a bit of a sad feeling sinking in on her now.

Corinne hadn't seen the pocket watch since she went on the quest with Christian, Rowan, and Jerome. It was missing and that still tore at her heart strings a little. She gave a small smile before she opened her mouth to speak of it. "Canada is beautiful. The nature changes depending which province you're in, nothing quite compares to it. I miss my father quite a bit. I do miss Canada too, but I go back at least once a year to visit." Corinne said with the small smile still remaining on her face.

"I don't always have a bright side to things, so don't worry. I'm not here to take your thunder. I doubt something like jail time would stop him, huh?" She asked Tamhas.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:50 am
Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_inline_opnsrufeXo1ravrtw_250Legends of Today (p) Tumblr_inline_opntblvkTN1ravrtw_250

Tamhas spun the ring around his finger as he listened to Corinne talk. His hands were always moving. The dark bronze ring was identical to the two that Malcolm wore. Something seemed vaguely... distant about how Corinne talked about her home. He understood that, though. After more than 10 years in America, Stirling felt really far away from him, too. "Which province are you from?" Tamhas asked. He wasn't really sure if he actually knew where the difference provinces were, but he could figure that out later, if need be.

"The city I'm from in Scotland is, well, old. Stirling is all based around the medieval citadel. We have a port on the river, but the focus is more on the middle of the city. In medieval stories, Stirling is always described as 'Geata dhan Ghàidhealtachd', which means the 'Gateway to the Highlands.' It's the focal point between travel from the Lowlands and the Highlands. There is also a saying, 'Tha esan aig a bheil Sruighlea, a 'cumail Alba,' which means, 'He who holds Stirling, holds Scotland.' It's kind of a cool place, to be honest." Tamhas said with a small chuckle.

Tamhas flashed a bright son-of-Apollo smile. "No, I really doubt that it would. He usually manages to talk his way out of stuff before he gets there, fortunately." Tamhas said with a chuckle, leaning back on to his hands.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm
Legends of Today (p) Giphy

"Born in British Columbia, grew up across all the provinces. My father traveled a lot for work. His family was from Quebec though. So technically I'm French Canadian." She said with a shrug of the shoulders. She sat there and watched the Tiber as she listened to Tamhas. Has he spoke of where he was from. It was interesting to hear of many different places and cultures. Something that'd intrigue her, much like the world today would intrigue her. The fact that it was more common for females to wear pants these days was a sight she never thought she'd see, nor think of.

The water seemed to battle it's way down the bath. Taking everything by force. That was the interesting thing about rivers. They were always running, they had a water flow and a current that pushed them. "Sounds like a very interesting place. Maybe I'll have to travel over there at some point and see it. I've never been outside of North America." Rinne admitted.

"I'm sure one day he's not going to be so lucky. But who knows, do you guys have a bit of Fortuna in you? That'd make sense with all the luck, you know?"
Rinne said her attempt at a lame joke, but she laughed a little at it anyways.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Tamhas smiled slightly and nodded as Corinne talked about herself. The son of Apollo had always been an amazing listener and epic at communication. It came alongside the Apollo charm. Unlike his brother, though, that charm hadn't made him arrogant. It had made him likable and easy to pour your soul into him. Tamhas held more secrets and tears than most people could imagine. Tamhas smiled when Corinne was finished. "My... seann leannan... oh, sorry, my... um... buddy," Tamhas stammered a little bit before he collected himself. "My friend was from Montreal."

The Kennedy boy ran a hand back through his dark hair, looking down at the water. "I dream of the day I can go back, honestly. I just haven't had a chance to return to Scotland. I miss it a lot. Not to be biased, but it's the greatest place in the world." Tamhas purred in his accent. He knew when to use that accent.

Tamhas shook his head a bit dramatically. "Oh no, definitely not. If we did, he got all of it." Tamhas joked. He knew that he (or his life for that matter) wasn't unfortunate by any means, but he did know that he didn't hold a torch to the fire that was Malcolm Kennedy.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum