sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9569

sarenrae

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:19 pm
to new heights Tumblr_inline_ob7gdyM4iS1sc3ygs_400

There were times that Amara regretted taking the title of opito. This was one of those times. Apparently one of her duties was to check out those common spots where campers would sneak out to and smoke or drink, or do whatever they do. It was hard to say. Anyways, for this night she had been given the task of going up to the aqueduct. There was one small issue though, Amara was terrified of heights, and the aqueduct happened to be very high off the ground.

The sun was setting as Amara climbed the steps that led up to the top of the aqueduct. Each step made her heart sink lower in her chest. She elected to keep her eyes on the stairs, because the staircase wasn't very wide, and she'd probably end up passing out and falling off the edge if she looked over it. She just had to keep moving. Then she'd get to the top, see that nobody was there, and conquer walking down. Then she'd never step foot on the aqueduct ever again.

Speaking of feet, she was about fifteen steps from the top when her foot slipped, and she almost had a heart attack. "Fuck!" She said, rather loudly, after she scraped her knee and realized she hadn't died yet. Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ, she had to get off this thing.  
QTheRevolution
Coins : 7652

QTheRevolution

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:39 pm

to new heights Tumblr_ohofd4kz3V1u9h48qo4_400

Topher Morgan wasn't really one for being a cliched teenager, but he still found himself drinking stolen alcohol while sitting high off the ground on the aqueduct at least once a week. Now, he wasn't absolutely cliched. He wasn't drinking cheap wine or $1 40's from the liquor store that doesn't card. Topher was only into the good stuff.

As the sun set on that crisp night, Topher was sipping scotch from a high ball glass and reading a book on structural engineering. By this point, he was basically a master of electrical and mechanical engineering, so he had decided to move on to something new. The son of Necessitas flipped the page in his book and pushed his round glasses slowly up his nose. He took a sip from his glass as he started to read again. That was when he heard a rather loud 'f' bomb be dropped from the stairs.

Topher was used to other people making an appearance on nights like this. Usually they'd be on some possibly sketchy mission of their own, and they would acknowledge, and then ignore, each other. Every once and a while they would share a drink or a cigar, and then go their separate ways. The legacy of Mercury looked up at where the stairs led and waited to see which miscreant would be joining him that night. Of course, Topher wasn't a miscreant like them. He was just, y'know, better.

sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:52 pm
to new heights Tumblr_inline_ob7gdyM4iS1sc3ygs_400

Amara got herself together and climbed the rest of the stairs to the top of the Aqueduct. From the albeit brief look she got off the side of the structure, she had to admit that it was a very nice view. It was a shame she was so far off the ground. Here are the facts, Amara is actually pretty good at climbing things. It was ironic really. She used to climb trees all the time when she was little. She soon learned, however, that going above about two stories was enough to make her never want to leave the ground again. Now she stuck with climbing walls that were structurally sound and not very tall. The aqueduct, however, was much taller than two stories. It also wasn't very wide. Probably about the width of two lane road.

When Amara reached the top she was completely prepared to see nobody sitting up there, and then make the trip down the stairs. Unfortunately, she wasn't so lucky. There was a boy sitting there, drinking something that she guessed was alcohol and reading a book.
Amara took a minute to catch her breath, before saying loudly (so that way she wouldn't have to go farther onto the aqueduct) "Hey, you can't be up here."
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Topher looked back down, guessing the person had chickened out and decided to head back down. That was proven wrong, though, when he heard a voice. Topher barely looked up before a sly smile crossed his face. "But, yet, I am. I very much can be up here. I think you mean that I shouldn't be up here. Which, technically, may be true. Now, as for you, I don't think you physically can be up here. Just a bit high, eh?" Topher flipped to the next page in his book, continuing to read as he talked.

After he finished the page that he had been reading, he looked up, pushing his glasses back up his nose. His sly smile grew. Somehow his fate was connected to this girls. He had no clue how much, but his powers told him that much. "This isn't the first time I've been caught, y'know? So let me just tell you how this one is going to go. As you've noticed, we are high off the ground, which I seem to be far more comfortable with than you. So, when you take one step towards me, I'll knock everything glass I have off of here. A boy with a book is a fair bit less damning, isn't it? So, you'll climb down to try and get proof that there was more to my endeavor, and I'll be down the other ladder and gone before you have a chance to get me. Oh, and let's be real, you have no clue who I am, and probably couldn't pick me out of a line up even in daylight." Topher looked down at his book again. His words had been laced with a level of confidence and persuasion that you could only gain from years of practice.

Topher shifted his position. He'd escaped before. There was no fun in that. He wanted this time to be different. "Let me offer you an alternative. You come and sit with me, we have a nice drink, and I help you get over being this high off the ground. So, when you inevitably find some miscreant up here in the future, you can actually do your presumed job." Topher said, crossing his arms in his dark green hoodie. "It'll be more fun than doing rounds, I promise that much."
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm
to new heights Tumblr_inline_ob7g5gwbHj1sc3ygs_250

Now it was one thing to refuse to leave, but to assume that she wouldn't be able to track him down? Well he had never met her. "You seem pretty confident about that." She shot back. She had already heard his voice, which would be enough for her. Besides, it wouldn't be hard finding someone that acted like him. At the same time though, there was no way that she'd be able to get him off here. Not by force.

She cocked her head at him, focusing solely on his face and not on the edge of the aqueduct. The last thing she needed was to be acting all confident and then delving into a panic attack. "You demean me and then offer to help me, why?" She had to admit, she found the way people acted fascinating. Part of her was curious enough to stay and listen. Although the other half was screaming at her to get off this thing as soon as possible.
QTheRevolution

QTheRevolution

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 am

Topher sighed and shook his head up. He pushed himself up and stood on the aqueduct. "I didn't intend to demean you. It's nothing against you personally. I've just been through this before. I'm sure that you are just swell and love this job and are great at it. Maybe you'll be the one to actually get me in some kind of trouble." Topher started to walk towards the girl, who looked pretty locked on staying where she was.

"I just want to have some fun, and I'm inviting you to have fun as well." Topher pushed his glasses up his nose as he continued to walk towards the girl. He was feeling aggressively risky. "Now, to make this more fun, my name is Topher Morgan. Now, you can go ahead and get me in trouble if you like." The son of Necessitas admitted, slipping his hands into his pocket. Somewhere in his mind he knew this was too risky.

Once he reached the girl, he looked face to face with her. "But, I don't think that you're going to. I think there is a reason why you're still here. Now, let's just chill, have a drink, just have a good time. We can even do it down on the ground and work our way back up, if you like." Topher suggested. Something about this felt like he was conquering something, or winning. He liked winning more than he liked almost anything else.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum