Green
Coins : 7653

Green

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:46 pm
This is a Social Call (p) Tumblr_orvtqaUD0u1wo2855o1_400
Cepheus aboustely loved coming to the Bacchus Garden. Don't only did he have an amazing view of New Rome's valleys, but the canopy above his head was made of grapevines. The sweet smell of Vitis attracted bees that drank the nectar from the budding flowers and carried pollen between plants. This would be the perfect place to house a couple of beekeeping hive boxes that he was sure the children of descendants of Mellona would enjoy.

Dressed in his Roman-causal outfit (a camp shirt, breastplate, tunic, and sandals), the son of Ceres sat on the rim of the fountain with a book in his hands. Neil Gaiman's American Gods had become his favorite read of the summer. He promised himself that he would first read the book before watching the brand new television series on Starz. Cepheus flipped the page of his book and took in a deep breath, this calm, peaceful moment. Others were in the garden walking around and admiring the beautiful day that the gods had blessed them with. Could this day get any better?
Metaloneus
Coins : 11710

Metaloneus

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 pm
Places like scenic gardens often came to mind when you considered families with duties like his own. Only, he was far from it. Places like these, he only had a chance to visit when his sister felt daring enough to sneak off of her duties with him, or when it was linked to his family duties. Between working the Julius name up, and working Cohort One up, Felix didn't have nearly enough time to himself. It would surely all pay off again, and at least the 'work' he was up to now would be enjoyable.

"Cepheus." Felix greeted, warmly. "It's so good to see you." He greeted, standing next to the other Roman, overlooking the scenic view. It was a true beauty. Felix looked blatantly honest to what he was, wearing slacks and a dress shirt with various parts of incomplete armor strapped on still. His morning had been drill, his afternoon was politics and then combat training, and he'd lost track of time. It was a usual crazy day for him.
Green

Green

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Cepheus was about to flip the page when he heard a very familiar voice. His head immediately looked up to see Felix Julius standing to the side of him. Cepheus quickly closed the book and placed it to the side and stood up. "Felix," he greeted, bowing his head a bit out of both habit and respect. He had known Felix for a good portion of his life. After he came to Camp Jupiter, their families would have dinners and their parents would talk amongst themselves , "I'm surprised to see you here. You're usually back at the first cohort or training." Because Cepheus was also in the first cohort, he was able to see Felix quite a bit. Though between his duties with being the new "elected" aedile magistrate and the legacy of Honor magnifying his family's name.

"...I feel the crops will be strong this year, though, they could be better if we could sacrifice a pig." The last part was something that his father usually said. He didn't know what was with him and animal sacrifice. In Georgious Severus words, "moderate sacrifice, moderate record. Great sacrifice, great reward". Though, he doubted that Felix felt the same so he quickly cleaned up his mess. "Stuffed pigs, of course."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 pm
"Even Julius's need time to be sane. Just don't tell my sister that, or she'll tell me I'm lying." Felix replied to the other Roman. He returned the bow, giving the other boy the same respect back. They'd known eachother so long, often times Felix felt like telling him formalities weren't necessary. But it was easier to not say it, considering it was only a matter of days before they'd both be political pawns in their families for another event.

"A pig is a small price to pay for the safety, nourishment, and well-being of all of our people, I would say. I'm sure you'd agree, Cepheus." Felix flashed a smile to the fellow Cohort One camper. "Alas, things are not like the old days. The gods are often taken for granted, offerings are given less and less. Remember last Thanksgiving? My dad and your dad got in a big charity match over who could offer better food to the gods." The memory was a joyous one to him. "A bond between god and man, it's something worth keeping on watch." Felix turned his head slightly to make eye contact with him.
Green

Green

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Cepheus smirked and shook his head, "you would be the last person to lie. Well that and a descendant of Virtus." He chuckled a bit and studied Felix, letting other thoughts take over his mind. Felix's skin always reminded Cepheus of cinnamon. The kind of cinnamon that takes months to grow in volcanic rich soil. The son of Ceres was so caught up in his thoughts about Felix's skin tone and cinnamon that he started to grow the latter.

"Hm? Oh, right, sorry. I was caught in my own thoughts," Cepheus gestured to his head with an embarrassed look on his face, "but yeah, I remember that. That year was really good for us." He made the assumption that his family had one. Of course he also assumed that it was because of his father's cooking. After all, that is why his mother Ceres decided to conceive a child with him.

"But to your point, I agree. Animal sacrifices can be and have been a way for great reward. Just imagine sacrificing a pig for a bountiful harvest or if someone wants to find true love, sacrificing a dove or hare to Venus or Cupid respectively."He turned to look into Felix's chocolate orbs. Cepheus leaned into Felix. "Have you...thought about doing it?"
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 pm
"My family would probably like me to marry into some other political family." Felix mused. He didn't like that fact, but he also knew that if it was for the greater good, he would do it. Felix had long had conflicted feelings over what it was he wanted in a partner. Surely, his family would want him to carry on the family name, but what if his own interests involved a relationship that would deny that? Of this struggle, only his sister knew of. It was only in that moment that Felix's eyes met with Cepheus's. The lean had felt so natural that Felix hadn't even noticed that it had happened.

Breaking the ice for that moment wasn't something Felix had in his skill set. "I'm not sure where to even find a dove." Felix stated. "Is that something that you would be interested in doing?" The legacy asked, a hint of suggestiveness was threaded into the needle of curiosity in Felix's voice.
Green

Green

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm

The son of Ceres smirked and shook his head. "I know what you mean, Felix. My father has been urging me to marry your sister, Amara."Unknown to his father, she wasn't the twin he was interested. It wasn't that his father didn't approve of homosexuality, but the fact that, similar to Felix's situation, he had to keep on the strong bloodline that he was placed in. It wasn't fair, but it was the world that they were born into.

Cepheus shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sure there are some around her temple," Cepheus turned his body completely facing Felix as he spoke. He felt as if his hands should be somewhere else instead of behind his back, ...I wouldn't mind testing it out. Though I'm not sure if animal sacrifice is legal. Are you sure that you would be able to do that, Felix Julius?" There was teasing laced into his usual tone of voice. "Perhaps doing the sacrifice will reveal more than just who we are most compatible to."
Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm
Felix felt slightly startled upon the mention of Cepheus and Amara marrying. What a mess that would be, of course, Felix wasn't willing to let it bring this time down. "I suppose someone will have to. You're a worthy specimen. If it doesn't work though, call me." The teasing game wasn't something Felix was entirely new to, but it was typically done much more innocently. Usually a joke coddled up to a political figure's tastes. Felix had to admit, he liked this a lot better.

"Cepheus. I follow the code Rome originally intended." Felix stated in a serious tone. He toned that seriousness back, however. This conversation felt like it could go in a few ways, and politics just wasn't what Felix had in mind. "It sounds like you're challenging me, Cepheus. It's not in my policies to decline a challenge." Felix replied, a grin formed on his face. "My question for you, Cepheus, how do you place to catch a dove?" He asked, a playful wink dancing on his face.
Green

Green

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:21 pm

"...Maybe I will." Cepheus grinned some. "As lovely as Amara is, I feel more inclined to court you as her," the words slipped passed Cepheus' unguarded lips. Great Juno he didn't mean to say that. "h-hypothetically speaking of course." He prayed that Felix didn't read too much into it. Cepheus glanced down the growing cinnamon plant. With wide eyes, he waved his hand over it and watched as it entered back into the ground.

That tone and later that wink made Cepheus feel all warm inside. He tried his hardest not to grow various kinds of roses and lilacs. "...I might have an idea. There's usually a few caged white doves in her temple. After dinner we can go and pluck on up, and slight Its throat."

Metaloneus

Metaloneus

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm
"Hmm." Felix simply replied. "Were I so lucky, I would have more handsome fellows feel that way." Felix remarked. There was a certain comfort he was beginning to feel with Cepheus, the sort of comfort that was dangerous to feel in politics. To trust the wrong person or to let your guard down at the wrong time could be a career ending blow if the time was right. Yet, with Cepheus, Felix did not fear such things. It was almost like he wasn't being hounded by his family back home.

"Act like I have the time." Felix teased. He really did have so much to do, and yet, he felt a drive to make tonight happen. It wasn't like life was loaded with chances for these sorts of things. "I'll be there. Cepheus, have you ever killed an animal before?" Felix curiously asked. He didn't peg him to be the type, though, in the right situation, he supposed anyone could be the type of person to do something if it was expected of them in the first place.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum