Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13328
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:46 pm
Corinne Giroux had a fair amount of stuff on her plate right now. She had the usual job of being centurion and all the tasks and duties that came with it. The filing, the sorting, breaking up of fights, taking watch, and morning drills. For the most part Christian had been gone a lot on all these different quests and she didn't see much of him. Even when he was home he did so much around the place to try and make sure everyone else was okay. After that he usually spent a lot of time with either Lennie, Lauren, or Aspen.

Today to add on to her usual list of things to do it had been made known to her that Stacey had gone missing over seventeen hours ago and no one could find her anywhere. Corinne had become worried about the nine year old girl being out somewhere on their own, she had been last seen heading for the edge of the wall that led to the outside of camp. The girl had been under Corinne's wing and learned different things about powers and power control, and she spent so much time with her that if anything happened, Corinne would be devastated.

In recent news it had been mentioned to her that one of the younger boys in cohort four, so now she was outside of the walls with Lenora the fourth cohort centurion and they were walking around searching the immediate area, the two could be anywhere, possibly even dead, but Corinne would like to think that Stacey was stronger than that. "Where do you think they could have gone?"
sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9557

sarenrae

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Lenora had only been centurion for about a month, and already she was dealing with a situation with potentially disastrous consequences. Not only had she managed to lose a camper, she had lost a nine-year-old camper. Sure, Jasper was a little shit that drove everyone crazy, but he was still a camper. Plus the whole nine years old thing seemed to make things much worse. When you lose a teenager people don't seem to worry as much. Maybe because nine-year-olds are still at the age where they are very fragile. The whole situation made Lenora's heart race and had her questioning whether she was too young to get a heart attack. Stress killed people, it was a thing. It blocked their arteries and strained their hearts. Or maybe that was junk food. Either way, it wasn't good for you. She was going to be one of those seventeen-year-olds with grey hairs.  

It did make her feel better that she wasn't the only one in hot water. Although it did mean there was even more potential for two nine-year-olds to get themselves killed. Still, Corinne wasn't the worst partner to be searching the area with. She could be stuck with Davis. Although that wouldn't be too awful he'd probably let her make all the decisions, but he wasn't much of a conversationalist.

Lenora looked up and down the hill they were on. She wasn't a hunter, so tracking people wasn't her strong suit. In all honesty, her first and only idea was to see if there were footprints being left behind by light up sketchers. Unfortunately, there were none. So they were left entirely to guesswork.

"Well, walking downhill feels natural." She suggested
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:04 pm
Corinne was looking around at the area near the hill to see what she could see from up there. It didn't seem like an ideal situation at all, there was no way to tell for sure which way Jasper and Stacey had gone, or even if they had been together for that matter. Corinne was just hoping that they had been together, because if they only found one and not the other it would be bad, but she supposed losing two kids opposed to one would be even worse.

Her heart was heavy with guilt that she hadn't paid enough attention to know what was going on with Stacey to know that she was even considering on running away or leaving. How could she have been such a bad centurion and leader of her cohort? She didn't even realize something had been going on. It just went to show that a lot of things could happen without anyone knowing it and people could seem fine when they really weren't. It made her wonder how many more people had been in those situations in her cohort and she wasn't even aware of it.

"Yeah, that makes sense. We just need to think like nine year olds and maybe we can find them."
To be completely honest? Corinne didn't really know what a normal nine year old thought in these moments or what would possess them to leave. When she was nine it was a much different scenario than it was now a days.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 pm

"Well, when I was nine years old I was obsessed with becoming the next Sandra Day O'Connor, so I don't know how this will help us here." Lets be real, she's still obsessed with becoming the next Sandra Day O'Connor. But when she was nine she read through Sandra Day O'Connor's four times, instead of doing the normal nine year old thing and reading harry potter. She dressed up as a supreme court justice for Halloween when she was eleven. Lenora has never really been normal.

"Maybe they have a fort somewhere? I don't know, kids make forts right? That's a thing that they do?" She didn't know if they did have a fort, but if they kept a lookout for fort-like structures maybe it would help. Seriously though, how far could two nine-year-olds get on foot? They had short stubby legs and no endurance whatsoever. Then again, the woods around camp were large and they could've gone in a whole different direction.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 pm
It was common that when people brought up certain names about different people in the world that she didn't really understand. There was always a lot of confusion, but she had learned a lot compared to what she had known in her first few months of being here. Corinne had decided to let that go for the moment, but shrugged her shoulders about the forts. She didn't recall many forts being made back in her day, they weren't horribly common.

"When I was nine the boys were playing the new sport at the time, football. Well it wasn't super new, but it had just got a bunch of rules added in and around the time I had become nine. For the most part unless I was playing on the train carts when my father worked, I usually explored outside a lot at the age of nine." Corinne put simply as she continued to walk around, trying to scan for areas she would have maybe been intrigued in at the age of nine.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 pm

"What?" Lenora asked, before realizing who she was with, "Oh, yeah you were stuck in the ice for a hundred years like Captain America...who you probably also don't know. Sandra Day O'Connor was the first woman on the supreme court, she was put on in the 80s. The 1980s, that is. She's one of my role models. I wasn't really an outdoors kid, that was more my sister's thing. I was more interested in pretending to be the first female president." She laughed awkwardly.

Annika was always better at the athletics thing, and the fighting. Lenora wasn't that good at using swords, but she was a hard worker and a natural leader. That's why she was a centurion and her sister never was. Lenora got along with people, Annika didn't. Still, she missed her.
Sorella
Admin

Sorella

Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:40 pm
"It was really the only thing girls could do back then. Sit in nature and talk to one another. A lot of the time we got taught how to do a lot of household chores, well I didn't, most girls with mothers did, I didn't have a mother I did have a nanny, she tried to teach me, but for the most part she encouraged me to do the things the boys got to do." Corinne said with a shrug as she was thinking back about the days of her childhood, it was so odd to her that they seemed clear as day to her, but yet they were so far away, over a hundred years old.

Corinne started to make her way down the hill and began to call out Stacey's name to see if maybe she would come to the name but she still knew it was fairly stupid to think it, but she had to try everything that she could.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum