sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9569

sarenrae

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 pm
its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_n3o6n1GXTL1shklmwo8_250its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_n3o6n1GXTL1shklmwo5_250

An hour and two wrong turns later, Bronte pulls up to a tall and modern building in the heart of New Rome. It looks more like a fancy office building, she thinks, as she glances up at the six or so stories of large glass windows and small balconies. She parks her old prius along the road, puts a dollar in the meter, and walks up to the front step. There's a long list of names at the buzzer, each printed in neat handwriting next to their own little button. It takes her a minute to find Davenport, and she holds her breath as she presses the circular button. She just has to hope that this time she isn't greeted by another one of Liam's siblings. Her last encounter was awkward enough. At least she doesn't have to worry about coming face to face with the infamous Michael Davenport just yet.
Frankie
Coins : 8977

Frankie

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:57 pm
its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_inline_ng0m5nWURA1shrb8p

Liam had just gotten home from a meeting at the Senate House. He'd just started cooking dinner, meaning he put a frozen pizza in the oven, since he couldn't actually cook if his life depended on it. And was patiently watching tv and going over Senate stuff on his laptop in the living room, when the doorbell buzzed. Liam found that kind of odd since the only people who knew where he and his sister had moved to was Aspen, Helmer, and the few of their friends that helped them move in.

He waited until he heard the doorbell buzz a second time before he finally stood up from his spot on the couch and made his way over to the door, where he pressed the button that would unlock the building door. Liam figured he'd just wait until the person got to his actual door instead of trying to have a conversation over the speaker, which was currently not working properly.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 pm
its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_n3o6n1GXTL1shklmwo8_250its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_n3o6n1GXTL1shklmwo5_250

Bronte hears the door unlock, and she doesn't waste time entering the building. She climbs the staircase, prolonging the journey to her ex's front door. She knows she doesn't have a whole lot of time, but whats an extra minute? For all she knows she could be leaving here two minutes later empty-handed. Three flights of stairs later she ends up standing outside his apartment door, and before she can stop herself, she's knocking. This isn't for her, she tells herself.
Frankie

Frankie

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Liam hadn't strayed far from the door since he unlocked it, just to the kitchen to turn off the timer. He had just managed to take the first bite out of his dinner when he heard the person knocking on the door. Liam took his time, walking over to the door before unlocking it. He pulled the door open to reveal the one person he never would've guessed to be at his door, and the semi-shock of seeing his ex-girlfriend would've been enough for him to drop his slice of pizza on the ground, if he had been any other person. Regardless, he was still just as shocked.

"Bronte?" He asked, last time he saw her, she was giving him half-assed excuses on why she was leaving camp Jupiter and New Rome. He really never thought to much on it, considering he never thought he'd ever see her again. But here she was, at his doorstep. "What are you doing here?"

Last edited by Frankie on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:07 pm

And there he was, in the flesh, right in front of her. Bronte had imagined this moment for years, and now it was coming true. Yet for once, she couldn't predict the outcome. Right now her baby girl was half a mile away, sitting in a room in the pediatric ward of Julius Caesar Memorial Hospital. And her father was standing right in front of her.

"Hi Liam," She says, as confidently as she can muster, "It's a long story. Can I?" She gestures to the door, hoping that she won't have to stand outside for the next hour.
Frankie

Frankie

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:36 pm

"Uhh yeah... Of course." Liam said, pushing aside his shock. He stepped to the side so that she could come in. He led the way to the living room, where he pushed aside all his work papers so that she would actually be able to sit down on the couch. Liam couldn't seem to get over the awkward part of this whole situation, and the curiosity as to why she was here was getting to him a bit. "Uhh... so what's up?" He asked, awkwardly.

Last edited by Frankie on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Bronte takes a seat on the couch in the living room, glancing out the window to her right. It overlooks the valley, and in the distance she can see the outline of Camp Jupiter, where she had spent so much time. She only hopes her daughter will get to experience it too.

"Well, I guess I should start from the beginning." She says, folding her hands in her lap, "Four years ago, when I left New Rome, I was pregnant. With your child. Her name's Masie, she's four. I wasn't planning on leaving, its just that your father found out. He offered me one million dollars to leave and never tell you of her existence. It gave me the chance to give her a good life, something my mother wasn't ever able to offer me. It also let me pursue a career in journalism. To be honest, I wasn't planning on coming back here. But" Here came the point, the reason why she's sitting on this couch right now instead of taking her daughter to the park or scheduling playdates. "Masie has cancer. Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, hers is pretty aggressive. She's already relapsed twice and she's about to go into her third chemo treatment but the doctors are recommending she get a stem cell transplant. I would've just donated myself but apparently, stem cells of women who have been pregnant are less likely to work, even if I'm her mother. That only leaves you."

Bronte felt awful for showing up out of the blue and dumping this all on him. Hey, how are you? Oh by the way you have a daughter I never told you about and you may be the once chance she has of staying alive. But this was her only chance. She wouldn't have come here if she wasn't out of options.
Frankie

Frankie

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Liam wasn't sure if he dropped the slice of pizza in his hand due to finding out he had a daughter named Masie and that she had cancer. Or it could have just been a "simple" muscle spasm, those have been happening a lot lately. Either way the nice piece of pepperoni pizza was now sauce-side down on the carpet that he and Rowan just bought. "Shit Rowan's gonna be pissed." He said, but it took him a few seconds to realize he had actually said it out loud. Maybe he could blame that on the coma also? Once he realized it though, he instantly felt bad. He knew that this was not the time to care about his sisters feelings over a carpet stain.

He looked back up to Bronte. "So that's why you left... Shoulda known it had to do with my dad... Of course I'll help my daughter."  He mumbled this first part. But he spoke the last sentence out loud and in a matter-of-fact tone, that meant he meant what he was saying.

Last edited by Frankie on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Bronte breathes a sigh of relief, and for the first time in forever, it feels like there isn't an elephant sitting on her chest. She no longer has to worry about going back to that awful hospital room with nothing. Now that that was out of the way, she had the chance to really look at Liam. He looked good. Older, of course, but still handsome.
Bronte, on the other hand, looked tired. Maybe that was the toll of being a single mother, even if money wasn't the issue. There was a thought, in the back of her head, of what might happen if his father received word of her return. Yet that wasn't important now. Whatever happened, she could get through it, as long as her daughter was healthy in the end.
"Would you like to meet her?" Bronte asked, "Its up to you whether or not you want her to know. But, I think it might be good for you to at least see her."
Frankie

Frankie

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Liam wasn't sure of what to say. On one side, of course he wanted to meet his daughter, on the other side, what if his daughter didn't want to meet him? It's not like he's done anything for her. Liam also couldn't help but think about what could and probably would happen if his father found out that Bronte came back. His dad wouldn't be happy, even if she came back for a particularly good reason, like this.

"I want to meet her... If she wants to meet me, that is." He finally said. Didn't he just leave his father's house? Why should he care what he thinks. He'd be able to deal with whatever happens if it happens. Till then he wasn't going to throw away meeting his daughter just because he's afraid of his fathers reaction. The old man could go jump off a cliff if all this really bothered him that much.

Last edited by Frankie on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Bronte smiled, "She's four, all she really wants is a pony and to eat candy for every meal." Bronte hadn't really told Masie about her father.
Sure, she had asked, but she always seemed temporarily satisfied with Bronte telling her he just wasn't around. Thankfully, four-year-olds are very easily distracted. Later on, however, Bronte knew that she'd have to give her some sort of concrete answer.

"Another thing I should mention." Bronte said, "Is that Masie's treatment has been moved here to New Rome. There's an oncologist here that's been mixing mortal chemo treatment with magical medicine. She still insists that a stem cell donor is the best course of action. I'm only saying this because, well, it's a bit closer to home, and your father." Bronte trailed off.
Frankie

Frankie

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Liam nodded. "Ok." He said, smiling at the thought of being able to meet his daughter. He frowned again though, at the thought of having to deal with his father. "We'll deal with my father when and if he finds out." What else could they do? He just hoped that his father wouldn't find out right away, is all. Liam was not looking forward to that conversation, he felt like this time he'd end up dead instead of in a coma...

"When is the transplant taking place?" He asked, figuring that he'd need to know. Liam was assuming that it needed to be done sooner than later.

Last edited by Frankie on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Bronte nods. Maybe if they're lucky, she'll never have to face Michael Davenport ever again. Thats all she really wants.

"Well, the transplant would take place about a week after high intensity chemo, which will last about four weeks, maybe five if it's not responding the right way. So you still have some time." Bronte has cancer facts down. The past year she has been reading every book about cancer available, scouring websites for hours on end, attending support groups. It was like a second full-time job, well third, if you count being a mother in general as a full time job, which she does.

Frankie

Frankie

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Liam nodded, trying to think of something else to say. This was all a lot to take in, and he was finding it hard to process. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asked. Hey, he could at least try and be polite, even if it was awkward to do so. "So... what's Masie like?" Liam asked, trying to keep some sort of conversation going.

He had grabbed a roll of paper towels to try and get the nice large pizza stain out of the carpet, but so far he wasn't having much success getting it out. Liam wasn't sure which would be more terrifying, Rowan finding the stain or their father finding out about his kid. OK, so he knew his father was more terrifying, but Rowan was still going to be pretty angry also.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm

its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_inline_otgbb1dph71s8a8sa_400its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_inline_otgbaiBNGo1s8a8sa_400

Bronte smiles at Liams attempt to get the stain out of the couch. "Try lemon juice. It gets out tomato and grease stains." She has experience with these types of things. She is a mother after all. It's a weird thing to think about. Last time she was here, she was a whole different person.

"Masie is, well, she's independent." She has to hold back a laugh at that part, "She's already mastered the art of sass, and she's working on sarcasm as we speak. She doesn't act like she's sick. She loves horses and playing doctor, she's recently really gotten into The Backyardagains, she'll watch the same episode over and over and she doesn't even care." Bronte, on the other hand, got a little tired of it.
Frankie

Frankie

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:46 pm
its time we danced with the truth (p) Giphy

"I will try that. But I don't think we have any around right now." Liam told her, as he tossed the used paper towels in the trash. He came back and sat down on the floor, thinking that if he hid the stain, Rowan wouldn't find it right away. Liam smiled as he listened to her talk about Masie, even though he had no idea what the heck a backyardagain was. He guessed that he wouldn't have to wait long to find out what it was.

Last edited by Frankie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm

its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_inline_otgbb1dph71s8a8sa_400its time we danced with the truth (p) Tumblr_inline_otgbaiBNGo1s8a8sa_400

"Well," Bronte stands up, "Speaking of Masie, I should probably get back to her. You're welcome to tag along if you want, so I can formally introduce her to you." Besides, she had only put a dollar in the meter, it'd be kind of annoying to have her car towed.

Bronte smiles at Liam and tries to force down any anxiety that was starting to bubble up. Its fine, she was just introducing her daughter to the father she thought was a firefighter in New York City. She hadn't meant to lie to Masie, she just realized 'I don't know' isn't a good enough answer for a four-year-old. Besides, she had never imagined that she'd end up in this situation.
Frankie

Frankie

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 pm
its time we danced with the truth (p) Giphy

Liam smiled, almost nervously. "Sure, that would be nice." He told her, he wondered what he was supposed to tell his daughter when she asked where he had been for all of her life. It would be awkward, never in a million years would he have ever thought he would have a child. It was kind of overwhelming, but he figured Bronte had, had it harder, since she was the one who raised her for this long by herself. Liam grabbed the keys to his apartment off the side table, and then grabbed the wooden cane that he still needed whenever he walked for long distances. He figured he might need it at the hospital. "Ready when you are." He said, as he opened the door and held it open for her.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum